Enter exercise calories before you do it.....

Options
I have started doing this and it seems to really be helping me stick with my target for the day. I plan it and then enter it in the morning and even if I don't do exactly what I decided to do...I try to burn the same number of calories. I wear a Heart Rate monitor so that helps me figure out how many I am burning.

Just thought I'd share something I've learned!

Happy day!!!!

Replies

• meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do the same thing!!! Especially when I am not feeling like doing anything... it kinda locks me in. I feel committed to getting out there and doing it and besides it would feel terrible to log back on to delete it later!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    I do the same thing, it's like it's nagging at me to get it done! I also log ALL of my food for the day before lunch, and it helps me keep on track of what I should (or shouldn't) eat.
  • farrah_eliza
    Options
    great idea!!
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I do this with my food. I enter all the food I expect to eat that day in the morning. I usually have some calories left over, and it helps keep me from grazing endlessly. I know exactly my surplus and use it wisely!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i decide if im gonna run for the day or shred (30 day) and then log it in before my day begins so that im committed to it!!! like someone else said..i dont want to erase it so i'm committed to doing it!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I do that too a lot of times. It gives me a goal to push for at the gym or whatever I might be doing that day. I also try and log my big foods like breakfast and dinner so I know how much wiggle room I have through the day when a treat comes in front of me. It let's me know if it's worth it or not.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I do this too! :) Hooray i'm not the only one!
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options
    I actually enter my exercise for the entire week... that way I have a plan and I tend to stick with it!

I also enter as much of my food as I have planned for the day (at least breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Really helps me stay on track.
  • anneid
    anneid Posts: 8
    Options
    I do this also. It keeps me on track for the day.
  • teachparents
    Options
    I do that too a lot of times. It gives me a goal to push for at the gym or whatever I might be doing that day. I also try and log my big foods like breakfast and dinner so I know how much wiggle room I have through the day when a treat comes in front of me. It let's me know if it's worth it or not.
  • teachparents
    Options
    lulubellewoowoo : where did youget the shirt. in your pic! I want one!!!!!
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh...I want one too!! I've seen them at races before, and they are awesome!!
  • lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do that as well. I usually work out at 8:00 at night, and I'm certainly not going to eat ~400 calories at 9:00 at night. This way, I can spread it throughout the day and actually see how many I'm eating and how many calories I have left.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can't do it, because then I will eat a lot more, knowing I have "extra" calories. I usually put it in at the end of the day.
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    I actually enter my exercise for the entire week... that way I have a plan and I tend to stick with it!

I also enter as much of my food as I have planned for the day (at least breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Really helps me stay on track.

I do it when I get to the gym.. but mb I will do it for the week!! Food is so hard for me bc I'm always on the run which would make me more accountable for..