Couch to 5k Week 5...

Options
What happened to the weekly C25K threads... did those disappear? I liked the support!

Anyway, is anyone else on week 5? I just finished day 2 and day 3 will be on Wednesday... which is the first 20 minute, no walking, run. I'm so freaked out! Is anyone else about to tackle that day/just finish the week?

Replies

• FruitLoop05317
    Options
    im wanting to get it started, but i want to lose 40 more pounds b4 i start. i feel like i will be able to do it better. has it been easy for you??
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Week 5 tomorrow. I had to repeat Week 4 once. I like to hear how others are doing too!
  • swimmindolphin
    Options
    i'm on week 2 of C25K, everything is going well. Still have a lot of energy too.

I did C25k 2 years ago and did awesome averaging 10min miles on my first 5k...

@fruitloop05317 you can start and any rate and it's up to you to move to the following week when you're ready. You can upload the application to your itouch or iphone-which is awesome, since you can play your music as you walk/run too! good luck!
  • applesandglue
    Options
    Just had to update my own post... I did it! Finished the 20 minute interval without walking.. and felt like I could've kept going. What an amazing feeling... I ran 1.78miles.. I've never run more than a mile at a time, and the last time that happened was about a decade ago. I'm so proud of myself. :)
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on couch to 5 k, week 6. I stayed on week 5 for three weeks though, that was the hardest one for me!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just had to update my own post... I did it! Finished the 20 minute interval without walking.. and felt like I could've kept going. What an amazing feeling... I ran 1.78miles.. I've never run more than a mile at a time, and the last time that happened was about a decade ago. I'm so proud of myself. :)

AWESOME!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Tonight was W5D1 for me. I was so excited that I ran (jogged) three 5 minute intervals! Felt great!! I'm nervous about D3 too... thanks for the update!!
  • Monticello
    Monticello Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just walked in the door from Week 5 Day 1. Was a little nervous about it because due to a hectic weekend, I missed Week 4 Day 3 and the first run of the week is usually a butt kicker for me. But it went great. Like everyone in the program, I am nervous about the 20 minute run at the end of the week, but everyone seems to make it through the run ok.
  • applesandglue
    Options
    Yeah, I think the trick to running that 20 minute run is just to pace yourself. Oh and try not to look at the time, lol. I guess the running/walking intervals have gotten our legs prepared for the 20 minute run, the hardest part for me was breathing but I just kept trying to have my breathing controlled and then it was all gravy. :)