New - Needing motivation

luvsthugluv
luvsthugluv Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, My name is Stephanie and I am 23 years old. I am looking to lose some weight like many of you, However I live alone with my three very young children so I lack in adult socialization as well as inspiration and motivation. I sometimes lose motivation due to lack of purpose. I want to lose weight and get fit for myself and for my kids. Any motivativational tips will help..
thanks

Replies

• Hi, My name is Stephanie and I am 23 years old. I am looking to lose some weight like many of you, However I live alone with my three very young children so I lack in adult socialization as well as inspiration and motivation. I sometimes lose motivation due to lack of purpose. I want to lose weight and get fit for myself and for my kids. Any motivativational tips will help..
    thanks
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I too lack adult socialization-I work from a home office and am here alone with my cat and dog all day. I

this site has been awesome for me. You will love it.

:happy: SMILE! :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Adult socialization? What's that? I've been home raising kids since 1990. Yes, drink that in-- nine of 'em-- no wonder I blither. :bigsmile:

Welcome, Stephanie-- !!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    9 kids, Marla!!!? WOW! You are a better woman than me!

When you work out, don't think of it as a chore. Think of it as something you're doing for your children. You're making them a better, healthier mom. Plus, you're doing it for yourself. Feeling healthier makes daily activities with your kids easier. Chasing them around will be more rewarding if you aren't struggling for breath as you're doing it.

I'm home all day long with 3 young kids, too so I feel your pain about the adult conversation!

You can do it!! This is the first big step!
  • Marla64
    My kids LOVE exercising with me. Last night I was heading down to do my "Shred" DVD, and my 2 year old was whining 'cause he had to go to bed and couldn't do it with me. I don't always have the patience for it, believe me, but they love it and it kills two birds with one stone. Spending time with them, and exercising.
  • I've found a support group at a local Christian church. They have classes for the kids to have fun and I have the emotional support I need too. It has helped starting off with losing weight because I can personally talk with people and deal with the emotions (why I go to food). It's been refreshing and working from the inside out. Everyone needs a "familly" type group around them. I've told friends about the site too so we can talk about that too. You'll be blessed.
  • Thank you very much for all of your comments and support. I see I have more in common with some of you than I originally thought, It's refreshing to know that there are other people struggling to balance out there goals while maitaining there household responcibilities.
  • Hi! I just joined yesterday, and I although I don't have any kids, I will tell you what we have in common... I'm 24, I'm with kids all day long (teaching), and I live in East Greenbush (I saw that you're from Troy)!
    :wink:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Nice to have you here! You have already taken the first step! Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    clewliss-- you look so different without your glasses-- :wink:

Seriously-- nice to "see" you-- :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.