Food cravings...

Options
The hardest thing I have found is fighting off the food cravings! Before, If I felt like a brownie, then I'd make some brownies. Or if I wanted a cheeseburger and fries, I'd drive somewhere and get a cheeseburger and fries... Now I don't and sometimes it's really hard to fight off those cravings! Some people have told me to munch on something healthy like carrots or grapes, but I can't eat that when I'm craving something else!

Replies

• DawnaMorrison
    Options
    i am dealing with the same thing !!!! i am having a difficult time too :(
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Old habits are hard to break! Lilttle will power and learning new habits and you just may be a-ok! Good Luck!

PPPS Unless its T.O.M. cravings...then I'd say give in just a little bit, because T.O.M. sux! :flowerforyou:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    It can be tough at times. When I want a hamburger I make it at home with 90/10 or 93/7 ground beef, brown it on the stove top and then finish in the oven. Along side that baked French fries, not exactly like going through the drive through but much easier on the waist line.

Best wishes in your journey to a healthier you!!!
  • Jennifer87401
    Jennifer87401 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ME too! I am drinking lean shakes for breakfast and lunch, sometimes I just have a craving to eat...ANYTHING...
  • lexis0911
    lexis0911 Posts: 50
    Options
    i take it a step further from craving and i OBSESS over food. i rationalize in my head and go back and forth over whether i should have it or not, where i should go to get it, etc...it's really hard to overcome. thanks for posting because it's nice to know i am not alone... :)
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    i take it a step further from craving and i OBSESS over food. i rationalize in my head and go back and forth over whether i should have it or not, where i should go to get it, etc...it's really hard to overcome. thanks for posting because it's nice to know i am not alone... :)

I do the exact same thing. My problem is I've been giving into those obsessive thoughts
    about eating this or that. The worst part is the guilt afterwards. Plus what I thought I wanted usually doesn't taste good.
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    I just eat them occasionally! Work out harder or eat less that day. If you never let yourself eat them then you'll go crazy and eat way too much of them one day.

At McDonalds just order a kids meal, or a side salad and a small fry, or get just a hamburger (leave off the cheese and the french fries and you'll still be OK!)
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I do the exact same thing. My problem is I've been giving into those obsessive thoughts
    about eating this or that. The worst part is the guilt afterwards. Plus what I thought I wanted usually doesn't taste good.

I always feel guilty afterwards as well. I don't want to give in all of the time. It has been getting easier the longer I go not eating unhealthy, and I've also set little dates for myself. This Sunday I am going to the cheesecake factory. If I can go until then without cheating on my diet I'm going to allow myself a piece of cheesecake. I decided to do this twice a month, once every two weeks. This way it gives me something to work towards, if I can eat healthy for two weeks, I give myself a reward. The hardest part is that I work in an office full of overweight women who don't care that they're overweight and are constantly chowing down on McDonalds, Culvers, eating ice cream, brownies, bringing in treats, etc.... It makes it so much harder to say no!!!