Mommy friends

Options
Hello,
My name is Jodi and I am looking to find a few Mommy friends! I have two little ones and live in Michigan...which it still freezing...so no outdoor workouts yet! Trying to lose some of past baby weight and would LOVE some support!

Thanks -jodi

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a single stay at home mommy to my wonderful lil boy Connor who is 1 1/2 yrs old.. I am in Canada.. still snow on the ground!!
    Welcome to MFP!! Best of luck on your journey!
    Feel free to add me!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I have a Connor, too..only he's 11. I have a son 15, too. I'm in Ohio and today it got up to the 40's so I walked for about a half hour. Can't wait for the TRUE Spring to arrive!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Holly. I am a stay at home mom and child care provider. I have a daughter who is 7 and a son who will be turning 5 next week. Right now there is no snow on the ground here in Rhode Island but I keep hearing that we are supposed to get 6 to 12 inches tomorrow.....yuck!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Im a Buckeye girl myself! Snow on the ground here too, but looking forward to the 50's that are promised for next week. I have amazing kids myself-5, 2 and 1. We are super busy in the evenings so i'm always looking for ways to incorporate them into my workouts! Welcome abourd! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL I also have a Connor! He'll be 2 next month. Always looking for more mom friends!
  • melissamauney
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melissa.I'm a stay at home mom. I have a 15 yr old and a 10 yr old and still trying to lose my baby weight.Feel free to add me. Us moms have to stick together.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i'm a mommy of an awesome little 4 year old girl, Marley!! we live in NC... last week it was 83 degrees... today it's 49 (go fig...) i joined MFP in february, & it is a really amazing site... there are SO many great ppl on here to go to for knowledge, support, motivation, etc... i love it!! feel free to add me!
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    hi I'm clare I have 3 children aged 6, 3 and 6months. I'm in the uk and its quite nice hear the sun is shining. not quite t-shirt weather but getting there. then again it usually rains every summer so better make most of now lol.
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi I am Joani, I am a mother of 2 boys in Georgia. One is 17 and the other is 9, and they keep me going. I would love to be your fitness pal. I love to give support and could always use it myself. I have been doing good I have lost a total of 48 pounds sense I started my journey over a year ago. I have been on here almost a month now. I am working to get below 200 only 2 more pounds. YAY! But it has been a hard 2 pounds!!!!
    Well just Friend me. Talk to you soon.:flowerforyou:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like :) I'm a 22 yr old stay at home mom of three kiddos. I live in northern Indiana so I know the weather is pretty crappy haha
  • Postergirl82
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom to a 8 year old and a 2 year old. Living in Minnesota I have the same problem with outdoor exercise at this time of year. Can't wait for Spring to really arrive, not happening today though as snow/sleet is in the forecast :(

Friend request sent!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm originally from MI..just moved south. I have 2 kids 11 and 4..you can add me if you'd like.:smile:
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I am a work from home mother of two. I have a 13 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son. Never a dull moment in this house.
    I really enjoy MFP it help me to keep track of all my calories.....exercicses and etc. It has made a big difference it helps
    to keep me accountable for everything I do. Feel free to add me!
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Currently I am a stay home mom of 4 children ages 18, 12, 9, and 5. I would love to be your friend. Add me. I've been on this site for almost two weeks and the support is phenomenal!!!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Mommy of 2 children 6 years old and a 6 month old. I live in Florida. Where it's getting too hot to do anything outside now. I work part time.
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Charlene, a working mom of 5. I have an 11 yr old, a 9 yr old, a 6 yr old, a 4 yr old, and a 2 yr old. I'm in Canada, there's still snow on the ground, but the weather is finally warming up and the snow is melting fast. I'm also a bride to be, this September, and am looking forward to totally rocking my wedding dress :happy:
    Any of you can feel free to add me...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I just joined and am new to the mommy world - my son, Thomas, is 9 weeks old today! We live in SC where it is warm (though today is cloudy and kinda gross, high is around 70, which for me is cold because though I'm from NJ I have gotten extremely warm-blooded), but my husband and I went to law school in MI (I lived there for 5 years total). I don't miss the cold at all!

I am still at home with Thomas, but I am supposedly going back to work in May. However, I might ditch and join my husband, who has his own firm that we started in late 2009. I am trying to use what little spare time I have to drum up more business for him so that we can support ourselves without my having to go back to a job I hate and putting our son in day care (which means my take-home pay is reduced to the point where I might as well be paying them to work). The firm has definitely provided us income, but never steadily, and never enough for me to leave my job, so I'm hoping to change that.

I've always been just overweight, but since I didn't bother to eat well pre-pregnancy (I mean, why bother trying to look good if you're only going to get fat?) or during my pregnancy, I am currently obese :( So none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit at all, and I am still wearing maternity clothes (though I only wear the stuff that's not obviously maternity clothing).

I figure it won't be too long before we have another go at this baby thing (maybe in a year or so we will keep that door open, so to speak), but I would like to look good in the interim, not be enormous during my next pregnancy, or be huge afterwards. Plus I really don't want to have to buy new, bigger clothes, since I can't afford it!

Good luck to you!!!

Rebecca
    SW: 234
    CW: 234
    GW: 135 (but would be happy at or below 150)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mummy of two little ones. I live in Scotland and, since joining MFP, find myself power walking outside come rain or shine. Or as was the case a couple of weeks ago, even in the snow and sleet. As mums we get so little time to ourselves that we need to take our opportunities to exercise when they come (whether or not the weather seems to be on our side). :glasses:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm a mommy to two beautiful boys (2 & 4). Have been on MFP (this time) since the beginning of the year. Did MFP back last summer and lost 15lbs (I found 5 of that over the holidays *sigh*). I live in Pennsylvania so I can totally relate to the crappy weather! Woke up this AM to 2 fresh inches of snow!! Yippee - lol-.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi (and all the other mommies). Another stay at home Buckeye mom here! My daughter is 3 months old and I too am having a hard time fitting exercise into our schedule. Anyone can feel free to add me...I'd love to learn how you manage to get it all done and lose weight too!