Has anyone else ever found themselves..........

Options
Has anyone else ever found themselves belting out a song in the car, then realise you dont know all the words and ended up making half of them up......

I did this morning...........

Just wondered if i was the only one who felt an absolute tool..... :laugh:

Replies

• Katiemomof2
    Options
    all the time lol
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! pretty much a daily ritual for me....LOL
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    :blushing: It's pretty much a daily event in my life ;) LOL :laugh:
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    All the time! ;)
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    lol I do that in front of ppl ha ha
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Please I do it at work and everyone laughs at me. My boss however just shakes his head.
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am doing it in my office right now! Good thing my students (college folks) are understanding and amused by my singing abilities and knowledge of the lyrics (or lack thereof)!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    yes, and I usually make up funny lyrics about my kids and they love it
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    haha yes... my husband is the one usually pointing that out!
  • wilmelenne
    wilmelenne Posts: 113
    Options
    all the time. even at this moment in my head...i'm repeaating the same verses over and over
  • knmiller4life
    Options
    YES but of course I feel that the artist is the one that is the tool!!! I am the one who knows the right words and they are the ones messing up on the radio..........how embarassing for them......
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think people who DON"T are the odd ones... we're all normal!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I make up words to songs even if I do know the words. Usually dirty. Drives my wife BONKERS. But she still laughs after 24 years :bigsmile:
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Yeah, although I usually only become aware of it when I'm sitting at the red light, and notice everyone staring at me!
  • toalwaysbeme
    Options
    I got one better for ya.... Now I sing and seat dance in the car--- with the windows open
    AND when I pass someone or at a light, I wave to them ---- I dont know them --- They kind of wave back and have that look on their face like, "wait do I know her?"

So try it some day... sing at the top of your lungs (YES even when you pass someone) and wave to them. The reactions are great.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If you are listening to music that DOESN'T make you want to sing along with it... then perhaps you are listening to the wrong thing :P

I do it all the time, though try to restrict it to when I'm alone... No one else should ever have to hear my singing voice!
  • elaine8255
    elaine8255 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a habitual ruin-er of songs. I'm also infectious and somehow ear-worm my non-sensical version to all of my friends.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I loved it when my daughter was little and did that and if you didn't know the lyrics you couldn't tell when she had started making them up because of her delivery - no self conciousness about it at all.