Lead by example

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
and not by pushing your opinions and judgements on others...

As a christian man i have always believed the best way to win people over to what I believe is the right way is by example and not by beating them over the head with bible verses or telling them how wrong they are.. I've always been one to get to know anyone willing or wanting to know me and just be me around them and hope that my better character traits ( as opposed to my not so good ones) rub off.. well i realized that this should work in ever aspect of life even when it comes to fitness. We shouldnt go around telling people how unhealthy their habits are and looking down on them because in most cases we were once where they are.. I was and to a degree still am a horrible sugar addict loading my body with junk food so i have no place to judge anyone.. And so it is with this site lets not judge those who do what we think is "wrong" if you are really soo concerned befriend them, get to know them and lead by example...

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
  • Dmonique85
    Dmonique85 Posts: 112
    Options
    *applause*
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I agree 110%
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    AMEN!!!!! and saying it 1001 times over!!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Woot woot...It's true...!

I have been branded as 'The Example'...from one of my P90X workout buddies...You set a good example, you will get followers... :happy:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    So true. Our lives are our best witnesses and its hard to reach someone you annoy and condemn. Well said Mr. Awesome!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Very well said Marius. Glad to know you!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    True story! And when I finally make the switch don't judge me because I choose good things for my body. Just went through that one too!!!
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!!!!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Very well said!