Dreamsicle cake

2»

Replies

• blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    like another poster said, you can use any cake mix and any diet soda. I like lemon or yellow cake with diet sprite and make it into cupcakes. each cupcake gets a few frozen raspberries before baking. This also means that I break the box into 18 portions so the calories are lower. for more ideas, just search diet soda cake on the message boards.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Does anyone know how this would taste with angel food cake? Just to save a few extra calories? Sounds great! Thanks for posting!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    you can also make a black forest cake using a devils food cake mix and diet cherry soda. then top with cool whip. very good!!! you just mix the soda with the cake mix and bake - no other ingredients needed.
  • lottcj
    lottcj Posts: 4 Member
    I found a recipe for angel food cake mix and you mix it with a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. It makes really strange batter but it is very good and only 59 caloriea a cupcake. The batter is very light and fluffy--very unlike cake batter. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or ubtil browned. Try it. I think it taste like pineapple upside down cake. I may try putting a cherry in the middle of the next ones.
This discussion has been closed.