Back fat...excercise?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of that hideous fat on your back? I can do all the crunches in the world to work on my tummy, but the back fat is killing me. Thoughts? Suggestions? Insights? Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• Bjsamps
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of that hideous fat on your back? I can do all the crunches in the world to work on my tummy, but the back fat is killing me. Thoughts? Suggestions? Insights? Thanks in advance!! :happy:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    As far as I know there is no thing as "spot" removal of fat. As long as you continue to eat right and excercise, eventually it will go away, fat comes off our bodies in sheets.
    The places where our bodies have stored the largest amounts of fat will be the ones that take the longest to lean out.
    For me I am toned all over with the exception of some nice "love handles" and lower abdominal fat.
    Hope that helps,

Licia
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    There are excercises that target the lower back and I would suggest those. I have backfat too, it's really hard to get rid of! An excercise I like:

-We used to call these "Supermans" in high school. Lay facedown on the floor. Lift your legs and upper body up using your lower back muscles-the only thing touching the floor should be your hips, maybe some of you tummy. Your arms can be straight out like Superman or you can clench your fists and pull them in, whatever is comfortable. Hold the position for as long as you can. You can change it up by kicking your legs alternately as if you are doing scissor kicks for the abs. It will work your back and abs.

If you go to a gym regularly you can also ask the trainers there for some ideas. My gym has posters everywhere with excercises targeting certain areas. Good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    push ups! I know I have lost more weight, but when it came off the muscles are beginning to show from the push ups!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Turbo Jam's Ab Jam is rockin and I have noticed a difference in my love handles....
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    its true that cardio burns fat evenly as a general rule but I also have heard that muscle burns fat and when your muscle is fatigued and goes to dip into fat stores for some extra energy it will use the closest and most easily accessible fat first, so if you build a lot of ab muscle than fatigue those muscles frequently, you will burn tummy fat at a higher rate than the other fat. I would assume it works the same way if you got some more back muscle. I reccomend some sort of muscle building exercise for the back.:wink:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    thats about right, Krystal.
    Sadly, I have looked far and wide for the answer to back fat, and every single source points to the same thing...

cardio! It is the only way to get rid of fat no matter where it is on your body. You can life weights all day, but unless you use the cardio to get rid of the fat that is on TOP of the muscles your are building, you won't be able to SEE those muscles!!

But what Krystal says about the muscle burning fat is true! Build up that muscle so that it burns the fat faster, so that when the fat has melted away, you will have fabulous muscles to show off!!