American Idol

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
The judges are becoming boring. Not one of them will criticize a singer. Steven Tyler is quickly losing respect.

Pia, Stephano and the young female Asian singer are also very, very boring. If I was at a concerts of theirs, I'd be alseep after three songs.

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Agree!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I completely agree Max....*did I just say that?*
    Maybe it is just me but the chick who did the reggae thing MUST GO!
    what am I missing? poke my eyes out
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    I agree about the contestants and Steve. He has the experience to really give these kids some constructive criticism and I hope he starts doing that soon!

I want to see Paul and Casey in the final. I was disappointed with Paul last night but he is usually my favorite. I thought Haley did great too.
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options

It's not just you.
  • jeharris16
    Options
    I like the judges! However I do agree. I like Pia's voice but she and Stephano are rather boring! I like the Asian girl though. My two picks to leave tonight is Naima( I'm getting tired of the raggae) and Stephano( Just boring).
  • kimber607
    Options

It's not just you.

Ok good..LOL
    I keep thinkingin at the end of her atrocious rendition of whatever sher is trying to sing they are going to zing her, but they praise her....
    something is off this year and overall very boring..thank goodness for DVR
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I agree about the contestants and Steve. He has the experience to really give these kids some constructive criticism and I hope he starts doing that soon!

I want to see Paul and Casey in the final. I was disappointed with Paul last night but he is usually my favorite. I thought Haley did great too.

It's weird..>Randy used to be the voice of peace and now he's all hard-core...

I think Jennifer and Steven will get the hang of it..next season..

YES! I'm not a Haley fan, but boy did she sing her you know what off last night. She picked a great one. I liked Naimah in her audition, but she hasnt impressed me. Her time is about up...

I love Scotty and can't want for him and Carrie Underwood to make a song together..Mark my words..its GOING to happen :)

Jacob and James should have a scream-off...I wonder who would win :-)

Oh, and I like Lauren...
  • DawnyMo
    DawnyMo Posts: 6
    Options
    Steven Tyler is either drunk or high ALL the time. Jennifer is a "D" rated entertainer, and an "F" rated vocalist who has no place as a judge on there. And Randy is just ANNOYING AS H*LL ! ;- (

As far as the contestants, I wish them all the best.... but Maximus is right ! Pia is BORING (but she will make it through because of her looks). Stefano is BORING (but he will make it through because of his looks). And the Asian girl is SUPER BORING (but she has gained popularity within her culture, and the fact that shes 16 will get her voted through).

Naima is "okay". I liked her more in the beginning. I get what she is trying to do (because I'm African-American and understand the Reggae vibe) but I'm not sure that will be enough to keep her on there.

None of the others really interest me either. A lot of talent....but there just "forgettable" ;- (

Jacob is my FAVORITE...( I just wish that he would come out the closet already ) ! LOL

~dawny~
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I missed Simon last night after Naima's bizarre reggae thing. You know he would have had something memorable to say... (Someone needs to remind her this is a singing competition. Think about your vocals FIRST, then worry about how you are going to perform it.)
  • kimber607
    Options
    Laura, James and Haley are my Top 3. Casey has slipped a bit in my book. Paul doesn't have the legs to make it to the end,

It's scary to me that you know them all by name...

I also miss Simon.....I think Idol has jumped the shark and should go away (along with dancing with the stars...don't hate me Maxie)
  • kimber607
    Options
    Laura, James and Haley are my Top 3. Casey has slipped a bit in my book. Paul doesn't have the legs to make it to the end,

It's scary to me that you know them all by name...

I also miss Simon.....I think Idol has jumped the shark and should go away (along with dancing with the stars...don't hate me Maxie)
    . I don't think either have jumped yet but I agree Idol needs a Simon element.

Oh, I know their names and where they live.

whatever u say old creepy man who lives in a van by the river
    I'm out..hang in there...feel better!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I thought there were some good performances last night but ... Naima needs to go. That song last night was horrible. I also think Haley, Stefano, or Paul will go... I hope its Haley, even though last night was her best performance.

I don't like Pia, but I think she's probably the favorite right now with James and Scotty behind her. Thia seems to be getting better each week so she could be a factor by the end, seems the AI crowd likes someone that continually gets better. I like Casey and Lauren, but I don't think they'll win. Jacob is quite good at what he does, but his style is not for me. Oh, and Scotty doesn't need the show anymore... he just needs to go ahead and move to Nashville.

Really tired of the weak spined judges. And JLo interrupts the guys constantly. Steven Tyler is funny at least.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The judges are becoming boring. Not one of them will criticize a singer. Steven Tyler is quickly losing respect.

Pia, Stephano and the young female Asian singer are also very, very boring. If I was at a concerts of theirs, I'd be alseep after three songs.

Agree completely. So boring.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I personally can't stand the show, but my family loves it. In order to cope with the show, I've turned the show into a drinking game.

Every time Randy Jackson talks like an idiot (Yo Dawg, You know, for me it was like... You get the picture); Drink
    Anytime JLo "Loves" something; Two Drinks
    Stephen Tyler sings or squeals; Finish your drink
    Every time Ryan Seacrest is on stage; Drink
    Any time someone is "pitchy"; Drink
    Contestant cries; Finish your drink

I tried it this week, now I need a new liver. Just sayin'!
    Ted
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I personally can't stand the show, but my family loves it. In order to cope with the show, I've turned the show into a drinking game.

Every time Randy Jackson talks like an idiot (Yo Dawg, You know, for me it was like... You get the picture); Drink
    Anytime JLo "Loves" something; Two Drinks
    Stephen Tyler sings or squeals; Finish your drink
    Every time Ryan Seacrest is on stage; Drink
    Any time someone is "pitchy"; Drink
    Contestant cries; Finish your drink

I tried it this week, now I need a new liver. Just sayin'!
    Ted

You forgot - Every time JLo says something is "Amazing!"
    What an overused and misused adjective. To top it off it isn't much of a compliment because it is saying that you were surprised by the performance. At this level in the competition those judges should be expecting great performances, not being surprised by them.