SAHM Week #3 10/20-10/26

Options
Happy (?) Monday, ladies! Is there such a thing? My dh going back to work after a 3 day weekend is not my idea of how to start a good day. :ohwell:

So, MM & I have decided that we didn't do so good at water this week so let's keep that going for this week! I think in addition, we should all try something new this week just once. One day, try doing pushups or try jogging instead of walking or switch up which machine you use at the gym. Maybe we'll find something we would like to add to our routine! (wishful thinking here!) Once you do it, post it & maybe we'll all have something new to try!

Here's to another fantastic week! Let's get it started! WOO! (this is me pretending that I'm more awake than I feel LOL)

Sara

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Happy (?) Monday, ladies! Is there such a thing? My dh going back to work after a 3 day weekend is not my idea of how to start a good day. :ohwell:

So, MM & I have decided that we didn't do so good at water this week so let's keep that going for this week! I think in addition, we should all try something new this week just once. One day, try doing pushups or try jogging instead of walking or switch up which machine you use at the gym. Maybe we'll find something we would like to add to our routine! (wishful thinking here!) Once you do it, post it & maybe we'll all have something new to try!

Here's to another fantastic week! Let's get it started! WOO! (this is me pretending that I'm more awake than I feel LOL)

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Trying something new this week would be good. I have no idea what I would do but I will try to come up with something!
    Today we are suppose to go to the Dallas Aquarium but my mom hurt her knee and said she didn't know if she'd be able to go. I don't know what form of exercise I will get in otherwise! I'm also doing push ups this morning. I am trying a new level so I hope I can do it! If I can't I will just do my best.
    I hope you all have a great week!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Where the heck are all of our SAHM's?! Hellloooo?! Anybody out there?!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Turns out all 3 of my kids have ear infections, 1 has a sinus infection & 1 has "foreign bodies" in both ears....so I'll probably be MIA today...like it seems everyone else is. LOL

I hit my water recommendations yesterday, but didn't exercise 1 min. unless you count juggling 3 kids at 2 dr.'s offices exercise. :noway: Hopefully today will be better!

Hope everyone is well!

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    3BB, sorry to hear about the sickness at your house. I hope they all get better soon.
    Today is a light day for me. Well, exercise wise. We have family here and two therapists coming over this morning. Then it will be a lazy day. AF decided to show up finally so I'm not feeling like working out today.
    Hope everyone gets healthy and has a good rest of the week!
    MM
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm here! I didn't see the new week. I thought everyone had up and left me here all alone. :frown:

But no one did. :bigsmile:

I haven't been hitting my water goals. I've been trying and trying, and chugging water like it's going out of style, I just can't hit my goals. Every day I'm thisclose. Oh well, all I can do is try, right?

I have been doing well with working out. I can't wait until Thursday, because it's my day off the gym! Whew!

MM - I started the 100 pushups challenge with my mom. YIKES! I started Monday and I couldn't even raise my arms to take my shirt off yesterday! I guess I need it more than I thought. I am in awe that you can do 44 pushups! How long did it take you to get there?

3BB - Poor babies. I guess it's that season though. Got to get all my baby medicines stocked up and ready.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    You're not alone, Loki! Yay! There's 3 of us here now so we can still call ourselves a "group" LOL

MM - did you end up going to the aquarium?

Loki - Good job working out! The water will get there & if not, at least you're giving it a good try. If I didn't chug water after TJ'ing, I would NEVER hit my water for the day.

The kids were horrible yesterday. My sinus infected kid kept bumping his face into things & going "OWWWIEE" and then wiping his snot all over me to get cuddles. It was so sad. My oldest is just a holy terror when he doesn't feel well so that's been lovely, too. My oldest & youngest seem MUCH better this morning, though so I'm hoping that once my middle son is up, he'll be doing better, too. I just want some sleep!!!

Here's a question for us this week. What is your favorite part(s) about being a SAHM? Maybe we'll get more people in here to participate if we ask interesting questions. LOL

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Loki,
    I've been doing the push ups for over 3 months now. I had to keep repeating weeks a couple of times. I started out being able to do six "boy style" push ups. At that point looking ahead to week 6 was overwhelming and kind of discouraging. I never thought I'd get there! But here I am doing week 6, level 2! I am averaging about 200 full push ups, not consecutive though. So it is possible as long as you stick it out. I was sore the first week or two but then I became less and less sore. Right now I can do just over 50 push ups in a row. It's taking a lot longer than the program said but I think it's near impossible for women to do it in six weeks and that goes for most men too. Anyway, congrats on doing your first day! The soreness will ease up. If you need encouragement and motivation be sure to post on the Hundred Pushups October post! It's all girls doing it right now and they are great motivators! Went off on a ramble there. :blushing:
    3BB, we did go to the aquarium and it was nice but my mom was in some pain so we were walking kind of fast. I was recording a stingray on my camera and I think he got mad at the camera. Net thing I know he's in the water, off the ground, and flapping around wildly in front of me. I got a little scared and shut the camera off. There wasn't a lid on the tank so I was afraid he might be able to jump out. :laugh: My son enjoys watching the video though. lol
    My favorite parts about being a SAHM....hmmm.....the smiles and the giggles by far are my favorite. Just watching him grow and learn new things. Watching a miracle happen in front of me as he comes out of his autism and is growing into a normal little boy. Those are my favorite things. That's a nice question to reflect on today! Thanks! What about you 3BB?
    Today I am doing push ups again. Don't feel much like doing them because of AF but I need to. I maybe lazy other than that. I need to clean up the house a little and do laundry. I hope tomorrow I will be feeling more myself and can work out again.
    Okay, I'm done with my novel! Have a great day!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    MM - you made me tear up talking about your son like that. So sweet!

I try to remember how blessed I am to be a SAHM...especially on days like we've had the past week. :grumble:

My favorite part about being a SAHM would have to be getting to see my children grow & develop every day. When I worked when my oldest was a baby, I missed so much & it just broke my heart. His day care used to take him out on walks past my office every day & I would just watch them walk by & it made me soooo sad...and bitter. Another one of my absolute favorite things is having the flexibility to be abel to tend to them when their sick & not have to work around my own schedule. The laundry, the dishes, etc...can wait. Being a SAHM means that I can make my children the #1 priority without anyone questioning it. Believe me, when I worked, it was always questioned. DS #1 got pink eye & an ear infection at the same time when he was about 8 months old & my boss actually had the audacity to ask me if I could bring him in the office with me so I could keep working. Ummmm....no.

Although being a SAHM is stressful, I'll take it any day. Plus, I can stay in my pajamas if I so wish. :bigsmile:

MM - I'm glad you got to go, but I would have shut that camera off, too! Geeze! Nothing like ticking off marine life. AF is here for me, too so I feel your pain about not wanting to work out. When I was in high school, our P.E. teacher would have us run a mile if we complained about having cramps...she ruined me for life. :laugh: Way to go on the pushup challenge! You're rocking it! Maybe that will be my new thing for this week. I'll have to go check out your thread.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    3BB,
    I can understand how hard it is to remember you are blessed when your kids are sick. Oh that is such a horrible time. When we went to Disney World my hubby got food poisoning and Alex got something and was throwing up. I think he was eating a bunch of junk and it wasn't coming out the other end. It had to go somewhere. He threw up on me on the bus on the way to fly back home. Thank the Lord he slept the entire flight home except for a couple of minutes when he woke up crying. And that was the worst flight I'd ever been on. Lots of turbulence! I knew it was the grace of God that we got home without more throwing up, but he did throw up again later. This was all in relation to him having milk and wheat in his diet. About 2 weeks later we found out he was autistic. Anyway, I'm rambling. Don't know why I felt the need to tell that story. It was just really hard for all of us. I can't imagine having to work now. I wouldn't want to. I praise the Lord for opening the doors for me to be able to stay home!
    Check out hundredpushups.com and join us on the challenge thread! You can start out on your knees. That's what most of us have done the first couple of weeks then we were able to do enough plank style to start over again. You get strength pretty quickly and it works your abs, back, legs arms and shoulders. And it only takes a few minutes each day. :smile:
    I'm done rambling now. Gonna try to get something done today.
  • LokiFae
    Options
    Hmmm...What IS my favorite thing about being a SAHM? Probably everything. I worked for a little while after he was born, and I was so miserable. I felt like I wasn't seeing him at all, and he changes so much in so little time. I mean, he wakes up from a nap and he's different. I love knowing all his little triggers, and favorite foods, and the exact right way that he likes to have his hair combed. If I was working, I wouldn't know those things. I just adore everything about taking care of my house and playing with my son. I feel like I'm molding him into the right kind of person, because I know what he learns every day. And let me tell you, this is the hardest job I've ever had! And I was a legal secretary and a mortgage broker before I met my husband. I know that I am extremely lucky to be able to stay home with him, and I absolutely don't take it for granted.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    IM HERE TOOOO
    ahhhhhhhh:laugh:
    sorry my days are a little crazy...as im sure all of yours is also
    and i seem to go MIA the 4days my husband is home haha
    he works 2days on (stays at the station) and then has 4days off ...
    but he signs up for over time and usually works two 12hour days
    so when hes home i try to spend as much time with him/kids as possible
    but when he is home we go on a 3-5mile run everyday that hes home!
    luckily he pushes the double stroller and our 8year old rides his bike!
    case while hes gone its rough pushing the double stroller with our 2 and 4year old in it!

this week something new i will try is....
    going to the gym for an extra hour when i go
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm just sitting online wasting time until DH gets home. I really should be cleaning. LOL

HottestMama- good luck with that extra hour! You can do it! I admire you for being a runner. I've never had the drive to run, even in high school in my best condition I hated running. BLAH! I bought a double jogger last year & it works GREAT for hiking. I tried jogging with it twice & realized that jogging with a stroller...is still jogging. I'm shameful. :tongue:

Loki - I know that feeling about knowing EVERYTHING about your baby. It is such a good feeling when you just know what they're going to need next or you know what's going to set them off. I get a laugh out of people that don't listen to me when I warn them about certain things. Like my oldest can NOT have chocolate. He goes nuts. Or my baby will be okay without me as long as she has Suzy Duck. I love that part about being a SAHM, too. Makes me feel important to them b/c they're still too young to really appreciate & vocalize it, kwim?
  • LokiFae
    Options
    Thank goodness, it's my day off from the gym! I never thought I'd make it!!!!! My whole body hurts, but in that good way. :smile:

HM - Ditto what 3BB said. I am DEFINITELY not a runner. I've had DD boobs since puberty, and I can't run without a lot of pain. I wish I could though! I always see people running on the street and get wistful. Good luck on that extra hour!

3BB - I think it's funny when people don't listen too. It's like, I'm with him 24 hours a day, I know what he's going to do or not going to do but hey, if you think he's not going to freak out and get a sugar rush if you give him a full cup of full sugar juice at bedtime, be my guest. My MIL did that and regretted it immediately. I told her she had to water down his juice if she even gave him any and that he's perfectly content with water, but nooooo.... Well, I bet she wished she was listening at 3 am when he still wasn't sleeping. I still chuckle at that. She listens to me now.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I'm not feeling good again this morning. We'll see how the day wears on. I may be able to work out later. Maybe a walk later since it's nice and COLD! And I have to finish my grocery list. I am having a hard time deciding whether to eat healthy or cheap. :laugh: I have been thinking about doing the elimination diet with my son to rule out any foods that could be causing us problems, but I don't feel like putting that much thought into it. So I may just stick with basic foods, no processed stuff and go on the diet next week? Anyway, I'm rambling and don't have any news. I hope you all have a good day. I will post later if I do get some exercise in!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, plans changed, literally in a moment's notice! I got a call that we are getting new siding on our house today! Well, it will take all week but they are starting today! We rent and a year ago we were told we'd get new siding. Three huge rats later...they are finally getting it done. Apparently it's pretty pricey! Try $5k! Yikes! So naps may not happen this week for my son with all the noise. The blinds will have to stay closed most of the time (I don't like people being able to see in my house or watch me). And of coure they will be closed while working out. :laugh:
    Today I am going to try to get motivated to work on the master bedroom closet to make room for winter clothes. Hubby was looking for his coat this morning! So it's not really exercise but it's better than sitting around and not doing anything! I could still go for a walk probably but I have to feel up to it.
    Okay, I'm going. :smile:
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oooh! Siding! We got siding on our house this summer & it was *choke* $6K. Sadly enough, that was the BEST price we've got in the 5 years we've lived here. We literally had siding falling off & blowing away in the wind so it had to be done. Plus, when we go to move (fingers crossed for 4 years) it'll look MUCH better than it did when we moved in. We were just add up all the $ we've spent into this house in 5 years & I about died. :noway: The joys of home ownership. How cold was it where you live today?

Loki - at least your MIL listens to you now! Mine still refuses & wonders why she can't ever babysit. It is just sad b/c we got along SO well before we had kids & now she just disagrees with everything I do. Breastfeeding, homemade baby food, putting the kids in the sling, not feeding my kids chocolate on a daily basis, etc...ALL of it is wrong. She's impossible. Oh, well. That's the joy in them being MY kids & not hers. :bigsmile:

Off to TJ. We conqured 3 stores this mornig so I need to exercise before i fall on my face. And I'm hoping my hopping around in the high 160s is finally done, I hit 165 this morning so I need to keep the streak alive! We will see!

sara
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I hope everyone has a lovely Friday. My baby has a fever & my oldest has been up since 4am so I'm just surviving at the moment. I just need 24 hours without anyone calling me mommy & I'll be good to go. LOL Hopefully our walk will make me f(& the kids!) feel a little better. My husband isn't even coming home tonight b/c he has a work party to go to. I am supposed to go as well, but with all the kids sicks, I'm not in any position to leave. Yay. There's my gripe for the day. :bigsmile:

Off to walk!

(my little boy wants to see the "ball")... :huh: :sick: :grumble: :angry: :bigsmile: (he likes blue LOL)
  • LokiFae
    Options
    Hi everyone!

3BB - It sounds like you need a day off! I hope you get some time to rest, hopefully this weekend.

Well, I had my cheat day yesterday, and now I'm all puffy. LOL I hate that. I get to eat whatever I want (usually salty stuff like pizza etc.) and then the next day my face and hands are all puffy. Oh well, I'm drinking my water so all that will go down. Woooo! It's Friday! DH finally has a day off tomorrow and maybe I could sleep past 5:30!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

No gym yesterday or today, but the pushups are getting a lot easier. My arms and chest don't even hurt anymore. Water is...getting there.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    3BB, I hope your kids get better quickly! It sounds like you've had a rough go of it lately. Try to get some rest yourself when you can!
    Loki, I understand what you mean about puffy and thankfully it does go away! Way to go on the push ups!

I did my push ups today. I need to go shopping this morning which will take a few hours. I may try to do some form of exercise this afternoon. It depends on how tired I am from walking. I am just not in the mood to work out this week. lol But I'm going to try. Water will be difficult to get in today but I will drink all that I can when I get back home. I don't like to drink a lot before going somewhere because I have a "tiny tank" as my sister called it. lol I have to go a lot and often. I'm also a "paranoid pee-er" and have to go a lot when I am nervous. All right maybe that was TMI but I was trying to make you all laugh.
    I got to go to the store. Check on you all later!
    MM