Texas Roadhouse

Options
So I think I am going here for dinner tonight. I was trying to see if they had their menu posted online with nutrition stuff, so I could pick out what to have beforehand. I get the idea from my google search that they don't provide this info.

BUT, then I find a whole list of TRH foods in the MFP database. Where has this info come from and is it reliable? HELP!!!

Replies

• nlfrancis
    nlfrancis Posts: 35
    Options
    check on fatsecret.com - they have a lot of nutritional information from restaurants!
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't be much help, but I just wanted to say I absolutely love TRH and so does my son. My 9yr old son always gets the 16oz prime rib and he can eat the whole thing!!!!
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options
  • Margiewar
    Margiewar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hate that restaurants don't carry but one light dressing for salads.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse does NOT post their nutrition info anywhere. I have heard from various sources (i.e. former employees) that they soak/slather/baste/brush EVERYTHING in butter (which would account for their reluctance to post nutrition info anywhere LOL).

With that being said, my mother and I have gone out to eat there a couple/few times since starting this in the last little over a year and still lost weight that week, so it can be done.

You can request them to fix your steak/chicken naked (i.e. without butter) but you're of course at their mercy. Personally when my mother and I have gone, we usually get their smallest steak, limit ourselves to one of their delicious rolls and get a salad with the dressing on the side and bring our own dressing and opt for the veggies as a side rather than a baked potato.

Edit to say that now that they have their baby onion blossom, we will usually share this as it's much smaller than their regular onion blossom if you like those.
  • jms023
    jms023 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try asking the staff for the nutritional information when you are there (before you order). Last time I went out I did that, except I was dumb and asked for it after I had eaten, and ended up going way over my calories. But, if I had asked for it before ordering I would have made better choices. Also, don't be fooled by salads, they can often end up being a huge amount of calories in restaurants! So, they should probably have a pamphlet with the nutritional info at the place. Good luck!
  • smashmay
    smashmay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    chicken ceasar salad from there is good. Somone on MFP logged the calories but I don't know how they acquired them.