JUST DANCE 2- Sweat program

Options
I feel like I'm sure about this program being a workout because after I'm done I'm sore from dancing, but I really need to know does anyone think the sweat numbers up in the right hand corner is the actual numbers of calories that you burn? HELP!!!! Any suggestions:smile:

Replies

• elysewagner
    Options
    Hey good question!! I'm wondering the same thing cause I've been doing the same program!!
  • stephensgirl
    stephensgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I googled and they say every 4.2 sweat points is one calorie..I just round up to 5 it is easier to figure out.... good luck gals..:))
  • Lstrode
    Lstrode Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't know, but would LOVE to know that answer. That is what I've been using the most to work out with, and have no idea how many calories I am burning. I love it, and I'm going to buy the first one, and alternate games. There is also a Zumba for Wii I'm going to try.
  • Lstrode
    Options
    I googled and they say every 4.2 sweat points is one calorie..I just round up to 5 it is easier to figure out.... good luck gals..:))

Yay ! Thanks for the info! I'm about to go Dance !!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You can get a cheap Heart Rate Monitor from Walmart...i got one for $28....it will keep track of cals you burn
  • latriciajackson
    Options
    Thank you all for replying because I do cardio plus the sweat program and absolutely LOVE DANCING!!! Its just when I add the calories its like 1000 + and I'm like am I really burning that many lol!!! And I will definitely get the zumba also because I heard its very nice!!!! Thanks for the beneficial info guys!!!! :smile:
  • Lstrode
    Options
    Hey ! I love it, too. I used to do ballet, and haven't in years and really miss dancing. I went out today and bought the first Just Dance and I'm getting ready to try it. There are lots of great songs on there. I hope it has the just sweat part on it, too so I can try to see how much I'm burning. lol. I used my mom's treadmill today already for 20 minutes.
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you so much for posting this topic! I do this program everyday, and I just did a search (here on the excercise search) under general dancing, and I was about 300 calories short of what I have actually been burning!
  • latriciajackson
    Options
    @ foodwar- thats great im going to look for that zumba i hear thats great also and i commend anyone who can do the treadmill cause it's sooo boring to me lol! great job!

@ silvereyes01- Your sooo very welcome!!! Thats awesome so now you know your burning waaaay more and thats always beneficial!!!!!! LET'S KEEP ON DANCING DANCING DANCING like a dancing machine lol (Michael Jackson style)!
  • ehodges1982
    ehodges1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie??? that is way too low. I used a heart rate monitor the first few times i played this and I burned around 350 per hour. and that was over 5000 sweat points. It depends on what songs you do. I have burned around 220 in 30 minutes with a little under 3500 sweat points doing only fast songs. I'm 5'5 and weigh 155lbs.<-- This matters in how many calories you burn also.

I'd say about 14-15 sweat points equal 1 calorie foe me.

If you have been using the 4.2 calculation there is a chance you could be overestimating on your calories burned.
  • ehodges1982
    Options
    That seems like way too much
  • ehodges1982
    Options
    4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie??? that is way too low. I used a heart rate monitor the first few times i played this and I burned around 350 per hour. and that was over 5000 sweat points. It depends on what songs you do. I have burned around 220 in 30 minutes with a little under 3500 sweat points doing only fast songs. I'm 5'5 and weigh 155lbs.<-- This matters in how many calories you burn also.

I'd say about 14-15 sweat points equal 1 calorie foe me.

If you have been using the 4.2 calculation there is a chance you could be overestimating on your calories burned.
  • anndawkins
    Options
    It can't be correct to convert your sweat points on Just Dance 2 to calories by diving them by 4.2. 4.2 could not possibly equal 1 calorie burned. I played for 30 minutes and had 2289 sweat points and I would estimate I probably burned 200 calories (not the 545 calories using that calculation) at the most.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That number IS controversial on the other boards. I saw the 4.2 number a lot, but I also saw a lot of people questioning it. It seems especially flaky in hard workout situations...the number of calories burned seemed way high. One person said she thought the factor should be more like 14 or 15.

This is why I bought a heart monitor that reports calories burned. It's much more accurate because it takes my weight into account and keys directly off my heart rate.
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    Hey I know this is an older post but I just got this game yesterday, with a heart rate monitor my sweat points roughly equal 1cal=10 sweat points.