Another site, Another effort.

Options
Sigh. Well, here I am. I've done Weight Watchers, SparkPeople, DailyBurn ... and more. I lost 25 pounds three years ago on Weight Watchers, but plateaued. I've been the *precise* same weight for the past three years, and it fluctuates only two pounds up or down on any given day.

Frustrating, right?

I go to the gym every Monday and use the elliptical for about 30-45 minutes, but my motivation is seriously lacking to go any other day of the week. It's a struggle to even get there once a week.

I'm an emotional eater, a binge eater, and ... I have a huge sweet tooth and am a snacker.

So there I am. Or, rather, here I am. Le sigh.

Replies

• wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad you are here. This website is awsome and I always find daily inspiration here. The friends here are faithful. We encourage each other moment to moment. I have also done weight watchers mutiple tiimes, but with this it is different. I love it. I lose the amount of weight every week I am suppose to as long as I follow the plan. The best part is it is free and you are the one that controls your success. It is about my choices. I hope you are successful this time:drinker:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you do NOTHING different for a week or so, just log everything you do and eat. Then you can look at it and see what needs changing...what you are eating right now is obviously good enough to maintain, once you know what calories you are eating and expending you will know how many you have to drop to start losing again.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The one consistent in everything you've tried so far is YOU and YOUR EFFORTS. Change that and you will most definitely see progress, regardless of what program you choose.

As an aside, try doing 60 minutes of the elliptical instead of the usual 30-45 minutes. That little change alone just might prove to produce some sort of result.

As for your honesty about being an emotional eater, having a sweet tooth and binge eating, your honesty is a good start.

This platform, like every other one out there is only as effective as you are. That said, and now that YOU know YOUR honesty, what are YOU going to do about it?

Like you, I do not apologize for my honesty, no matter how hard it might be for you to hear. Tough love sister. Tough love!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Glad you are with us!!! There are a lot of motivating blogs on this site!! Good luck and God Bless, I know you can do it and I am here for you!!!
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find that people here are very supportive - I find the stories that others write very inspiring.
    Good luck, and please feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    As for your honesty about being an emotional eater, having a sweet tooth and binge eating, your honesty is a good start.

This platform, like every other one out there is only as effective as you are. That said, and now that YOU know YOUR honesty, what are YOU going to do about it?

You have stated your own issues in your post and that is great that you recognize that about yourself. As stated in the previous comment, your success depends on you addressing those issues. I would recommend you just tackle 1 at a time, like maybe removing all sugar related items from your home and your diet in general. It could be that you need to seek professional help to address the emotional and binge eating if you are unable to do so own your own.

I do believe you will enjoy MFP and the support and encouragement you will gain here! Hang in there as it is great that you have been able to maintain for 3 years VERSUS gain! Kudos to yoU!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to your last stop!! You just described me in your intro and I want you to know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel! First, give this all you have if you can give 100% to recording your food and staying motivated by making friends and listening to the ones who know exactly what you are talking about! Then add some exercise, not just the treadmill maybe if you can join a class so that you can get motivated there too! I so understand what you are going through and could most likely read your mind! I am a recovering sugar addict and yes I even slip ever so often! I am so very greatful for my friends here because I now have some sanity! I wish you the best on this new journey but keep your chin up and give yourself some room for error because we all make booboo's with this and that is where we get our strenght from....the mistakes! Friend me if you would like and we can grow from each other!!! Keep smiling! Shelia
  • kvetchingeditor
    Options
    Wow ... such a warm welcome! You guys are so awesome. With some nudging and pushing ... here's hoping I'll figure something out.

PS: I'm gluten free and kosher ... so that complicates the diet, too :)

I went gluten free a year ago, and I thought it'd change my weight in some way, but it didn't. (I went GF for health reasons, not for diet, btw.)