Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
So, I am thinking about buying the 30 day shred dvd. Has anyone tried it?
What do you think, does it work??

Replies

• pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I love it and am definitely seeing results. I also go to Curves, where I will be measured tomorrow, and hope to post my success! Give it a try. I got it on Amazon.com but you can get it at Walmart for under $10. I also just bought the 6 week 6 pack, love that too! Good luck!
  • as1789
    as1789 Posts: 46
    Options
    I finished today. These are my results...I'd say it works! I'm going to do it again next month because its effective and not time consuming at all! I would HIGHLY recommend it. :)

March 1, 2011 March 16, 2011 March 31, 2011
    Weight: 218 214.8 210.8 (-7.2 lbs)
    Arm: 14 in 13 in 12.5 in (-1.5 in)
    Forearm: 11.5 in 10.5 in 10.5 in (-1 in)
    Bust: 46.5 in 44 in 43 in (-3.5 in)
    Ribs: 39.75 in 38.5 in 37.5 in (-2.25 in)
    Waist: 38 in 37 in 36 in (-2 in)
    Belly: 45 in 43.5 in 41.5 in (- 3.5 in)
    Hips: 45 in 44 in 43 in (-2 in)

Sorry, it posted a little congested and weird. I copied it from my blog...
    Thigh, mid: 25 in 23.75 in 23 in (-2 in)
    Calf: 16.5 in 15.5 in 15.5 in (-1 in)
  • Jessicah1987
    Jessicah1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i'm a HUGE fan of the 30-Day Shred. I have a major ankle injury and I'm still able to do it. I sincerely hate Jillian Michaels now, though. :) I combine it with a half hour uphill trek and that's my day. It's totally worth the $10. Good luck on your journey!
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks! I found it on a local website ( I am in South Africa) for only R80 (around $10, so not too bad).
    as1789 - your results are impressive! Very inspiring!
    pelleld - please post your results as soon as you have them, I am very interested to see them. That is if you do not mind.
    Are you as sore as they claim you will be after the workouts?
  • Raamar
    Raamar Posts: 3
    Options
    I have that DVD and I LOVE IT! It makes you sweat and leaves you feeling sore. She does a great job explaining all of the exercises as she is doing them. She does not count out all the reps as she is doing them, so you can go at your own pace, but you need to keep moving. She does not let you stop during the workout to take a break. It is 20 minutes of full on exercises.

I think its great. I really enjoy it. I have just started so I haven't seen huge results yet, but for reference and comparison, I used to work out everyday with a personal trainer and the exercises in Jillian's workout are the same ones I did with my trainer. They are the basics that everyone needs to build a strong and healthy body.

I got mine from amazon.com, but you can get it at Target or Wal-Mart. It is definitely worth the $10.00 and more. Good Luck!
  • pelleld
    Options
    Thanks! I found it on a local website ( I am in South Africa) for only R80 (around $10, so not too bad).
    as1789 - your results are impressive! Very inspiring!
    pelleld - please post your results as soon as you have them, I am very interested to see them. That is if you do not mind.
    Are you as sore as they claim you will be after the workouts?

I don't mind posting my results. My abs were sore, particularly after level 2. Some of the exercises in level 3 created sore legs and arms for me. Nothing unbearable however.
  • pelleld
    Options
    Results are in, lost 1 inch in my abdomen, 1/2 inch in waist and 1/2 inch in thighs. My body fat percent is down 2%. Note, measurements were first taken in February 2011, I started the shred in January 2011 so initial measurements probably already included some loss. In fact, my abs and hips in February 2011 were already smaller than the measurements taken in June 2010, even though my weight was up about 6 pounds in February 2011.
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I bought the Shred it with Kettle Bells, I am really happy with it. She really kicks it up and the Kettle Bell swings and squats jumps are intense. I am feeling it right away in my butt and legs and sore (but the good sore )