dieting & exercising on target but no weight loss

lynnde75
lynnde75 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi... I am Heather.... I was 235 lbs and i am now 132. I have 7 more lbs top lose but ive hit a brick wall. I havent lost anything in months. My eating is on goal for what the nutritionist says & according to MFP on my mobile. I eat approx 1350 calories a day . My exercise typically looks like this... oh but i need to add, i have foot injury so i can basically only use the 2 forms of exercise i do daily. I was using the kettlebell but decidedto take a break because i felt burnt out. I treadmill for 6o min a day @ approx 3.0. When i go faster my foot acts up so dr told me to stay here. I also elliptical 30-60min a day. I do min 5 days week and on the other days i try to atleast do 1 or the other & if not as a mom of 5 kids we ride bikes, trampoline, swim etc.. Any advice would be great. i am not against cutting more calories but the app tells me to keep my calories up.

Replies

• tkaderabek3161
    tkaderabek3161 Posts: 9 Member
    I would say you are not eating enough! If you are doing 1 to 1.5 hours of exersice at day and only eating 1350 calories I do believe you need more food:)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    First, congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment! I'm in the same boat... five pounds to go and I can't lose anything more than a pound a month... and I'm lucky if THAT. If you figure this out, you make sure you let me know the answer... I'm just wondering if I've hit my limit.

Keep your calories up and try a completely new exercise. Your body gets used to the same routine and needs change. I found yoga to be very beneficial (vinyasa flow yoga) and maybe try spin class?

I'm curious to see what other people say too. I have the same problems!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    are you eating back your exercise cals and are you drinking 8 glasses or more of water a day?
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Even though you're being told to eat 1350 calories a day, try mixing it up a bit. Maybe one day eat 1450. Next day eat 1250 (I wouldn't go under 1200). Sounds like, due to the weight loss you already have you may have hit a plateau. You're body is happy, you aren't lol.
  • nbkmbjs
    nbkmbjs Posts: 1
    Hi - I am at exact same weight as you and also cannot lose the last 7-10 lbs to ideal weight. I try to stay at 1500 calories per day and do 30 min workout per day, mostly cardio. I have been stuck here for months; I am wondering if I have hit a set weight point. I am no help to you but good to know that I am not the only one in this situation.
  • lynnde75
    Hi & thanks for such fast responses. I drink tons of water a day & i don't eat my calories back. I only eat the amount i should, i am thinknig my body hit where it is happy but i am not happy. I really want that last 7 lbs. I am trying to think what exercise i can add and maybe take out some of another but i cant do aerobics due to the impact, i was kettlebelling but it got very boring. I know i have lost alot of weight and i know i should be sooo happy, but i really want to meet my goal. Can i really exercise to much? My daily calorie exercise goals are being met like the program suggests. So im not thinking im over doing it. i had no issues until lately, im so bummed..
  • lynnde75
    I need to also add i don't eat meat, fish poultry pork etc. i do take supplements and i eat healthy. =0)
  • Newfiedan
    if you are dipping down past 1200 net cals a day that is your problem, argue with me about it if you like but I have currently helped well over 30 women on here get past this plateau and this is the number 1 mistake.
  • lynnde75
    I am unsure of the whole net calories thing. I am reading you have to eat your exercise back? i am so confused. My goal is 1350 a day calories. I do burn between 200-700 calories exercising. am i suposed to eat those calories back?
  • Newfiedan
    Yes you are for the weight loss you are set at, the net is when you eat your daily intake of 1200 and then eat back any cals you burnt off, the reason why you are doing this is to make sure you are not slowing down your metabolic rate and being counterproductive to your own fat loss.Example:
    eat 1200 for the day
    burn 500 @ workout
    1200-500=700 net
    So you do not want to go below 1200 net.
This discussion has been closed.