XBOX KInect

Options
I won an auction of an XBOX Kinect off of Ebay and I should recieve it by the 4th of April......I was wondering what exercise games everyone likes....I def wanna look into Zumba......someone told me the biggest looser....

But heres the thing, I havent done anything that is real cardio or "hard" exercise in over two years because of beign pregnant and on bed rest both times....so I am super out of shape.....I know I need to start somewhere.....and then hopefully working my way into doing harder work outs....

so tell me what exercise programs you like for your Kinect....

thanks!

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    get the adventure game! You'll be exercising without knowing it! Also Kinect sports is fun!!!! and Kinect Dance is hard and I only do it when no one is watching because I make a complete *kitten* of myself hahahaha
    I'm yet to try Kinect Zumba and others, but I want to. Let me know how it is!!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I shadowed a show in the seattle area for the day and they did the biggest loser for the example on the kinect! Its so cool :) like it can tell exactly what you are wearing, if yo uare wearing a cardigan it can tell and your cardigan will move with you! and it puts you in the red if you aren't doing the move correctly and green if you ARE doing the move right which is ALWAYS helpful :)
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i really like the dance games (even though im a terrible dancer)
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    The Dance Central game is great! You learn dance moves to good songs and they even have a workout mode.
  • Milagras13
    Milagras13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really like the Biggest loser. It really can work with anyone no matter what your ability for exercise is. i have had for three weeks now and just moved to challenging. Love it.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Dance Central!!! YES!!! You can start on easier songs doing easy mode and work up to hard. Really, you break a sweat in most Kinect games without even realizing you're working out!

Til later.

When you hurt.
  • JayXIII
    JayXIII Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got the Your Shape, Fitness Evolved...

Can be very hard work, makes you sweat a fair bit and if you're not in the best of shape, sore a couple of days later!

Tried the Zumba demo and totally lack the speed, grace and coordination to do it, maybe being a bloke doesn't help ;-)

Hard work though!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    check out the reviews on amazon, the zumba one doesn't get good ones i wanted this myself but decided against it, i think the opinion is they released it quickly to get on the zumba bandwagon without ironing out the creases
  • Wrldsbstmmy
    Options
    I agree exactly with what JanerZzz said. We have Dance Central and it is a pretty rough workout just to keep up on some of the dances. I like to play the games because they are so fun and in trying to get high scores, I don't even realize that I am exercising to the extent that I am, until I try to get out of bed the next morning. Love Adrenaline Misfits, Kinect Sports, and Adventures! It is also great for family time, cause everyone gets in on the exercising.
  • cframe800
    cframe800 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I believe it came with the adventures game.....so maybe I will get dance central and go from there.....
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I got the Your Shape, Fitness Evolved...

Can be very hard work, makes you sweat a fair bit and if you're not in the best of shape, sore a couple of days later!

This! I started using this game for probably about a month (maybe a little less) before I got my TurboFire. It is a pretty intense workout. It offer Tai Chi/Yoga, Cardio Boxing, and plenty of personal training options for whatever you're looking for. Seriously, there's a ton of things on it that I haven't even tried. There are also downloads that you can get with XBox points, including Bollywood dance and Platinum Level Cardio Boxing. I'd definitely recommend the Cardio Boxing for sure. Each session is only (at longest) 14 minutes long, but they definitely work to build your stamina. Gold level and I are good friends now :). the weight I've lost so far I credit to this game. There are some days I'd do the Gold for over an hour just to keep my heart rate up. I needed to switch it up because I did so much of the cardio boxing it wasn't particularly challenging anymore, but it truly is a butt kicker. Well worth the money!
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Also, I should add that even though I've TRIED working out in the past, I was pretty much extremely sedentary till I started using this game. I pretty much fell in love with it, and as I saw progress I got more and more motivated. Now I feel like a fiend - I don't feel right if I don't work out. It's early yet but I feel like this game created a whole new me! I'd recommend it to anyone who is just starting out.

The only negative I can think of - and that's only if you perceive it so - is that your shape is actually on the TV! YOU are working out right next to the trainer, and it is YOU! It's amazing, too, actually ;). I looked at it as more motivation though - I didn't like what I saw so I decided to work harder to change it!