MiO liquid water enhancer!

Options
jesseBYAH
jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
Has anyone tried this? I saw a commercial for it and then I saw it at the store the next day, so I decided to try it. I like crystal light for a few different reasons. First of all, its no or low calorie, and second of all, it adds some flavor when I'm getting bored with water. However, I remember CL being about $2 for a 10-pack. But these days it's been more like $2.50 or $3 for a 6-pack?! Which is frustrating, to say the least. Sometimes I can still find the 10 packs but I mostly see 6 packs these days.
So, I decided to pick up 2 bottles of MiO at $3.50/ea. The bottle says that makes 24 servings, which is pretty decent for that price. MiO is zero calorie, and so if you want a more flavorful beverage, you can squirt however much you want in your water and not worry about calories (but of course, that would mean you get less servings out of one little bottle).
I got the Mango Peach and the Strawberry Watermelon flavors. They're yummy! I only used a little bit (1 squirt from the bottle for every 8oz) and I really like it. It mixes in with water WAY easier than Crystal Light. The flavor, when you only use a little bit, is yummy and light- it kindof reminds me of how propel or gatorade tastes.
So! I just wanted to offer some insight if anyone else was thinking about trying it. $3.50 is kinda steep but this was at the pricier market in town; I think it would be cheaper at like, wal-mart or something. Happy drinking, everyone! :)

Replies

• butterfly_lvr
    Options
    it was advertised at our grocery store for $3.49 I think it was but I couldn't find it there :-( will have to look again as I would really like to try it. Nice to hear from somebody that has...
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thank you! I had asked this same question last week if anyone had tried it and no one had heard of it then. I will get some for sure.
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought it for 3.49 at Kroger. I like it alot, and its so simple. I use 1 good squirt in my 16.9 oz bottle of water and its perfect. I have only tried fruit punch so far. Its cheaper than crystal light and you don't have to deal with powder.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I checked it out at the store but it contains food coloring so NO THANK YOU!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love them I bought all the flavors they have and the Berry Pomegrante and mango peach are my fav!
  • jesseBYAH
    Options
    I checked it out at the store but it contains food coloring so NO THANK YOU!

OMG I know! That is the ONE thing I don't like about it! Sooo annoying! I wish they'd just make it natural. Sure, we wouldnt get the pretty colors but who cares? Lol
  • jesseBYAH
    Options
    thank you! I had asked this same question last week if anyone had tried it and no one had heard of it then. I will get some for sure.

Yay! Hope you like it :)
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i tried the sweet tea... yuck. I might need to try some other kinds
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Same price at Walmart. I got a sample bottle of MiO when it was first released (Pomegranate Berry, it was good!) and decided I liked it for the times I didn't like water but when I went to pick up a bottle at Walmart it was 3.50 which is defiantly a lot. I dunno if I'll end up getting more or not we will see, I just ran out of my sample bottle the other day.
  • jesseBYAH
    Options
    i tried the sweet tea... yuck. I might need to try some other kinds

LOL! I'll be sure to steer clear of that one. I really like both the Mango Peach and the Strawberry Watermelon :)
  • krisnatm
    krisnatm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Mango Peach and I really like it. It is more convenient than the Crystal light.
  • mt2008
    mt2008 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just picked some up last night--the Fruit Punch flavor. I really like it and have actually drank two more glasses of water with it today (trying to figure out exactly how much I like squirted in, lol).

It's a little pricey, but am hoping they'll go on sale or something! I used a coupon from last week's paper for mine--think it was $1 off.