joined the gym!

Options
:wink: Alright. I did it! I broke down and joined the gym today! I have a gym at my apartment but it is little and by the time I get off work and drive my hour drive home I am too tired. So I joined a gym by work and now will go straight there, and miss the rush hour traffic! Bonus- I have 2 friends to work out with there!

I just hope I can really afford it!: And I need to make myself go!

:happy:
:wink:

Replies

• kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    :wink: Alright. I did it! I broke down and joined the gym today! I have a gym at my apartment but it is little and by the time I get off work and drive my hour drive home I am too tired. So I joined a gym by work and now will go straight there, and miss the rush hour traffic! Bonus- I have 2 friends to work out with there!

• msblondy16
    Options
    yay for you! i broke down and bought my gym membership (gritting my teeth on a grad student's budget...) and i find that i go a lot BECAUSE i paid for it. im kind of like a if-you-buy-it-use-it kind of person so it helps. just go! youll feel sooo much better when you do!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

You're SO worth it! YAY for you ...chosing one close to work is a great way to keep a workout commitment. I'm so happy for you...I love my gym...the folks are so great...I don't know that there's any gym around here quite like the one I belong to...it's not the gold's gym type.... they (my gym)offer so many wonderful clasess and so much more!

So cool that you'll have workout buds too! That is always so much fun and bearable when one of you doesn't want to go....you grab em' by the arm and off you all go. lol

So what are you plans there...do they offer classes or strictly weights or???

have a good time getting fit, healthy and hangin with your buds:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    yay for you! i broke down and bought my gym membership (gritting my teeth on a grad student's budget...) and i find that i go a lot BECAUSE i paid for it. im kind of like a if-you-buy-it-use-it kind of person so it helps. just go! youll feel sooo much better when you do!
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    Yes, buying a gym membership makes you go so much more! At my gym there are free drop-in group fitness classes, which makes it even more worthwhile to me! Once I start working full-time, there will be a free gym, but boy do I love those group classes. I'm so tempted to still pay for memberships even after I'll have a free gym. It's so much more fun doing step kickboxing than running on a treadmill or doing the elliptical. :bigsmile:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nice job buying a gym membership. As for money, I feel your pain. I gave up my digital cable and dvr. It saves me $40 bucks - which is the exact amount for my monthly gym membership. But it is worth it. Not only am I going to the gym and helping out my body. I'm not a couch potato anymore cause there is nothing on tv (still got basic). Although I have started getting into that King of Queens show.

The gym is great. This whole week I had no desire to go but after going I felt better. As for workout classes, I'm ticked. The classes I would like are all in the morning. I work. Out of the whole week, there are only 3 classes at night and they are nothing that I could survive in.
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am totally sore from my friend kicking my butt on the weights! I plan to take some classes too. I need to mix things up or I get bored. I can go any la fitness in the state and they all have classes, cardio,weights, pools, and racquet ball. FUN!

And for some reason I have not been a big eater lately. It is weird, just not that into food. 2 weeks now.
    Keep up the good work everyone!

X

:bigsmile: