30 day shred

Options
Heard alot about this on the forums. Is this something I should try? Has anyone had good results with this?

Replies

• MamaMel01
    Options
    I've been doing it on and off for the past month and have def seen results...I love it, and it's only 20 minutes, but it's INTENSE!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    there are about a bazillion and one threads on 30Day Shred, you should search for them and just read through them all. I love all of Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm still on level 1. I'm about to start level 2! So far so good. Jillian is hard on you but well worth it. Good Luck!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I like it because I can't always get to the gym (we have only one car now and my husband's hours are crazy)
    I also like that is it, 20 minute sessions. It's hard for me to do an hour long DVD.
    It works me out in a way I've never worked out before - circuits. Cardio is good, But I had been needing to get some sort of strength training. If you do this, get some weights, like 5 lb hand weights, or whatever size you can use.
    The first day I did it, wow... the next day I was SO sore! I ended up having to stop due to a move from another country, so I'm starting again. I had managed to get to level 2, then tried 3 but 3 was a killer.
    I also hate doing one repetitive move over and over, so this switches up more and keeps my interest.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Most intense 20 minutes ever! But it delivers great results and is very cheap to buy...very very effective!
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved the 30 day shred! I was getting great results too.....but I decided to give it up when I talked to an Ortho Dr at the hospital where I work and she said that my sore knees were from some of the exercises in the video I told her about. Such as level 1 warm up~knee circles and Level 2 ~static lunge.....I was bummed but decided that I like my knees and wanna keep them happy. So before starting I would talk to your dr and see what they think. If you decide to try it is a good work out with great results!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people love this one but if you are a hard core exerciser already, this may not be as challenging for you. Four days a week I take two 45 minute classes at the gym ranging from turbo kick to total body workout to step aerobics. So when I picked up this DVD for the weekend, when I generally don't go to the gym, didn't find it as tough as I would like. I actually find her fat blast, metabolism boost DVD more challenging. But its also 45 minutes long so if you are looking for a shorter workout, the 30 day shred is the way to go.