Hiding From My Family

Options
That sounds bad, but really my wife and I are trying to surprise them. We moved 1,100 miles away. I haven't seen any of our Family since last September. We plan on returning at Thanksgiving, and surprising everyone with significant weight loss.

So a bit about me. I weighed 318 pounds about 4 weeks ago. I started eating better, and exercising lightly. My wife weighed 282, and started with me. Somewhere in that first week we decided to get serious. I'm 33 and she is 31. We've both been overweight our entire lives. Two and half weeks ago we found Myfitnesspal. Currently we are doing the Power 90 program and Shakeology (Just started Shakeology on Monday). I'm down to 296 this morning and my wife is at 272. I've lost two inches off my waste. Good progress so far!

We are commited to not just loosing weight, but to reaching our ideal BMI. That is huge! I haven't weighed under 200 pounds since middle school! We don't have a time frame, which I think is the right way to go about it. But I'd like to be below 220 by Thanksgiving.

We ahve starting pictures, and a blog on Blogger, but we are keeping it private until teh big reveal to the family! I will post pics and links on my profile once we do that.

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! What a good motivator!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's so cool, they will be so surprised. Best wishes.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Keep up the good work! Make em proud!
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! When I first read your post title I thought yea I am hiding fro mine too, I have never been this big in my life!! But what a wonderful surprise! Congrats on weight loss so far, and encouragement to you both, you can do it!!! Can you imagine the looks on their faces?
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    what a great way to stay motivated. I wish you all the best of luck!
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    Good luck and wonderful to have the support of each other!
  • catherinern
    Options
    :smile: Good Luck!! Sounds like a great plan!! You will find all the support you need here!!
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    good luck!:smile:
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    wow great job to both of you!

im actually hiding too..lol from my mom i hadn't seen her since christmas and with a 11lb loss she was able to see the diffrence last weekend. i will go another month before i let her see me again.

my father lives in vegas so im planning a trip end of this year/early next year. im not planning on a weight goal just know i will be less than what i was the last time he saw me.
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks all! :smile:
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All my best to you both. Would love to add you so I can watch your progress. Sounds like you are both very motivated, and that is the key. Good luck.
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    That's fantastic progress so far! And what a wonderful motivator. I'm trying to do something similar. My husband is currently in training for his deployment. I will see him in about 20 days, then again in July but then I won't see him again until Feb. 2012. I want him to come home to a thinner, healthier, sexier wife!!!

Good luck on your journey!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well that's terrific! It's so great to have a partner to be on this journey together. Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i'm actually doing the same thing with my boyfriends family.
    i haven't been to visit them since new years cause i want there to be a noticable change by easter and just play it cool, and let them be impressed and surprised.

:?p

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    hahaha I am doing that with my father and extended family!

Mucho good luck and you both can do it!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh!!! I have not seen my family since sept 08 and my mom since oct 09..... im sure your family will be happy!
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    Great plan and it sounds like you are have successes so far. Keep up the good work!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How wonderful and exciting!!! I look forward to you and your wife's progress online!
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Keeping it from your family sounds like a great idea! It must be such great motivation to imagine everyone's reactions. Best of luck to you and your wife :)