Winning! Weight and NSV

Options
I just wanted to throw out an update. As some of you know my wife and I are in a journey to lose a substantial amount of weight. I wish I could post pics, but as you know from my introduction thread (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/199294-hiding-from-my-family ) we are really being very secretive about this, and don’t want photos of us floating on the web. Anyways, we are in our fifth week of eating like we should (Please note I don’t say diet) and exercising. And wow, I feel so much better. I sleep better. And progress at the scale and all of the NSV are really motivational. So this post is about both.

First let’s talk about my wife. Ladies you know you lose weight slower than men for the most part. That had her bummed because I have lost more then what she has. But this morning she pulled out a shirt she has not wore in about a year (She actually wore it one time only because it was tight). And boom it fit well! She was smiling. She’s just waiting to lose more in the hips and waste. So far it’s been limited in those areas, but there has been lose, we measure weekly.

Now on to me, this past Saturday I had to shoot a wedding (I’m a PT photographer). I could not find the shirt or pants that I had intended to wear. So I pulled out a pair of pants one size smaller that I had not worn in about 8 months. And boom they fit well. I then had to resort to a dress shirt I had forgot about, and was still packaged. I looked like a complete dork. The shirt was way too big. Since I bought the shirt my measurements indicate I’ve lost 1 ½ inches on my neck, and about 1 inch in the chest and two inches in the stomach area. I had to wear the shirt, but it was baggy all the way around. I just smiled. Also when I got out of the shower the other day I noticed my trapezius muscles (That’s the muscle that sets on top of your shoulder to your neck connecting them to your back), deltoids, and biceps for the first time since high school. That’s motivating me to really add some muscle (I am a guy you know, it’s our only vanity kind of thing for the most part)

As for the scale victories my wife is down 20 pounds or 6.8% of her starting weight. I am down 25.8 pounds or 8.1% of my starting weight. We both still have a long journey, but it is happening, and it is great.

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU BOTH! :flowerforyou:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great start! My wife and I are doing this together too, and it makes a HUGE difference. In fact I told her last year that I really didn't think I could do it without her. So congrats to the both of you!
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So happy for you both!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!