Farmers Market Search Engine

Options
Hey everyone,
I have been on a quest for awhile now to slowly cut out meat and work towards being a vegetarian. which, i may add, has been extreamly successful and i feel great. I've descovered that i like a lot more different kinds of fruits and vegetables now, in fact, i don't think there is a vegetable i DONT like.... However, now that i have been spending more time in my grocery stores produce section i have become increasingly disapointed in the quality (and price) of these items. I've done a lot of reading, and i have become painfully aware of the processing that our "fresh" fruit and vegetables go through before they end up on our stores shelves... lets just say, they arn't as fresh as we would like to think they are...

this website is awesome, just type in your zip code, and it will pull up all the farms, farmers markets, CSA's (Community Supported Agriculture), butchers ect, in your area :)

http://www.eatwellguide.org/i.php?pd=Home

I had no idea there were so many farms, and farmers markets around my area... and i am even considering joining one of the CSA's in my area :)

i hope everyone enjoyes the website and supports their local farms!!

Replies

• sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lol i live in rochester and we have the most amazing farmers market open all year around. I stopped eating meat a few years ago but about three months later i got very sick. id talk to your doctor before becoming a full fledged veggie eater
    good luck!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Wow..interesting site. thanks for posting this :)
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    It's farmers market day where I live, in Colchester tomorrow! It's only monthly in the town but I go every month - totally look forward to it. Yippee!!

There's plenty of farm shops nearby anyway, and we use a box scheme every week.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post : )

Btw, I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, haven't suffered any ill health effects. Sounds like if you are shopping farmer markets you will get the nutrients you need for a well balanced diet.
  • MICHELEJOYSUNDE
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this link! :)