New to mfp

Options
Hey my name is Sarah and I am new to MFP. I found it at the beginning of this week and I am amazed! So many people have accomplished what I wish to. I do need more friends and motivation though. Let me tell you a little about me. I am 21 and I have one son. I was pretty in shape before I gave birth without having to do anything. After I had my son (the best thing that has ever happened to me btw) I just have this pouch of skin that seems not to want to budge. That is where my goal comes in. Firstly, I am planning for a vacation at the beginning of May and hoping I can look nice for that. Secondly, I just think its important to look better then I do for myself and my husband. So far I love this site. I have started counting calories which I don't enjoy that much-but I hear it works so I'll try it for a while. I am also on slimfast which I love- I feel full all the time which I've never had before so thats great. Also I have been doing cardio for 1/2 hour and then sit ups and crunches and the ab roller for another half hour along with some jogging. So far I have lost 10 lbs and I would love to lose another 6 more. My husband is a great support but hes getting bored of hearing my obsessive talk about my tummy etc. I hope I can meet some friends on here to help me through this!

Replies

• cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great site. You will love the support. Good luck.
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    thanks!
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I agree before I joined I hated counting calories, but now I feel like it really helps by holding me accountable for everything. It's also one hell of a lesson in nutrition haha. Good luck meeting the rest of your goal, there are so many supportive people on this site :)
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    Thanks! I'm sure I will. There's so many great success stories on here with counting calories so I might as well give it a try.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey Sarah! You'll love it here. Lots of supportive and caring people who will keep you focused on accomplishing your goals. Best of luck in your journey, and feel free to "friend" me if you'd like.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. Keep making the right choices nad the results will follow
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    thanks everyone for the welcome! now a couple questions. i am looking for a great way to tighten up my abs fast. I have been using my ab roller but does anyone else have any tips as to what worked well for them?

thanks!