Stop smoking ticker.

Options
I have only been on MFP for a small time and have been a smoker for about 10 years. I was able to battle through and quit cold turkey for 2 months then got drunk and started again. I AM going to quit again, and very soon. I've seen a few people with the counters very similar to the weight trackers telling how many days it's been since they stopped smoking and am wondering where to get them? I've trapped myself into the epic battle of cigs vs food again and figure these tickers would be great motivation. It's that constant wanting of either fix the nicotine craving or distract myself by eating something unhealthy.

This is a great site and I'm loving it here. I don't really talk much but do read most posts. I'll make it though. I did it once and I'll do it again. Thanks for any help and guidance. :happy:

Replies

• maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    I have only been on MFP for a small time and have been a smoker for about 10 years. I was able to battle through and quit cold turkey for 2 months then got drunk and started again. I AM going to quit again, and very soon. I've seen a few people with the counters very similar to the weight trackers telling how many days it's been since they stopped smoking and am wondering where to get them? I've trapped myself into the epic battle of cigs vs food again and figure these tickers would be great motivation. It's that constant wanting of either fix the nicotine craving or distract myself by eating something unhealthy.

This is a great site and I'm loving it here. I don't really talk much but do read most posts. I'll make it though. I did it once and I'll do it again. Thanks for any help and guidance. :happy:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Here's the site they are going too.

www.burnmytime.com/blog/2007/05/18/smoke-free-quitmeter-ticker/ - 36k -
  • maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    Thank you.
    Options
    Thanks, because I also wanted to know that to.
  • soccermum
    soccermum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I hope it works for you.
    I may follow suit very soon! :wink:
    It's kinda hard doing cardio when you're a smoker...:laugh:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. i really need to quit to, hopefully sooner rather than later... Maybe new year?

100383.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh MAN that is way cool! My friend quit smoking 6 months ago. (she read some book...dont know the name)

Anyway-she is so happy she did it! Her reflux is almost non existant, off the puffer for asthma, off the meds for allergies. She can walk/run 2 miles without gasping for breath.

She smells good.

Her teeth are not yellow any more.

She is healthier! Yeah!

Good luck to you, I KNOW you can do it!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mamajones
    Options
    I quit 2 days ago!! I am glad to have someone else quitting as well.

It is rough, I was just telling my husband the little smoker devil was saying "Smoke Smoke:smokin: !"

Haha, but seriously. I was out walking the other day and I couldnt catch my breath, and then I realized. I really need to quit ASAP.

I did quit while pregnant in 2006, for the whole 9 months. Then 1 month after my son was born, I was right back smoking. I quit again on New Years Eve, and started back up in June, and now, October, and I quit again. And for good. Trip going to Disney in April, and they only have certain places in the park, and hotel area you can smoke. And being in a small area with 10+ smokers, then coming out smelling like it, would be a total turn off. :sick:

Good luck!! You can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I bet the book was Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking that is the one I used, and I have been completely off them for 5 months. I am not even tempted anymore. Even if the book doesn't cure you from smoking it will definitely make quitting a LOT easier. I think he has a web site too, the book was only about $20 CAN, less than two packs of cigarettes up here :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I bet the book was Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking that is the one I used, and I have been completely off them for 5 months. I am not even tempted anymore. Even if the book doesn't cure you from smoking it will definitely make quitting a LOT easier. I think he has a web site too, the book was only about $20 CAN, less than two packs of cigarettes up here :)

that is the one!