Needs some motivation

Options
I have been on my weight loss journey for 6 months now, and I am down 32.5 lbs now. Well, I have hit a hard spot in my life, and I haven't been exercising because of it. My weigh-ins have suffered because of it. I have been averaging about 2 lbs a week, and this past weigh-in I didn't even lose a pound. I need some motivation to get going again. I know that everyone has problems in their lives, but mine has been life changing regarding my husband/marriage. I am slowly picking up the pieces to keep going. I guess I just need some encouragement right now. Please help me!!! I don't want to slip back to my old habits; I have come so far. Thanks in advance for the help.

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    First off, let me say that I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am praying for you and your family. I want to motivate you, and in order to do that I am TELLING you that you are a motivation TO ME!!! I cannot wait to get to the 30lb mark, THAT would mean I am a third of the way to my GOAL! SO PLEASE don't give up! You are an inspiration to ME!! I NEED YOU!!!! Every time you think of making a bad decision just remember you have inspired me and countless others and you are setting a great example for your little one/s. YOU CAN DO IT!! I have FAITH in you!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If there was ever a time you needed to take care of yourself...NOW is that time! Marriage can be difficult and if that is in jeopardy it can lead you down a road of feeling unworthy and spark self-abuse. Not taking care of your body and your needs through neglect is self abuse. You are worthy. Exercise will help you de-stress and re-taking control of your nutrition gives you power to control something and feeling powerful is good.

Feel free to friend me, send me a PM if you' d like. I have been married and divorced (when I was younger) and have been married the second time for 16 yrs. It hasn't been all love and romance and we have had our share of really bad times but we've made it through.

Hugs to you and I hope things turn around.

Holly
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    First off, let me say that I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am praying for you and your family. I want to motivate you, and in order to do that I am TELLING you that you are a motivation TO ME!!! I cannot wait to get to the 30lb mark, THAT would mean I am a third of the way to my GOAL! SO PLEASE don't give up! You are an inspiration to ME!! I NEED YOU!!!! Every time you think of making a bad decision just remember you have inspired me and countless others and you are setting a great example for your little one/s. YOU CAN DO IT!! I have FAITH in you!

Thanks I appreciate that. This is just what I needed to hear.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You have done so well this far. My weight loss have never been more than 2# a week so you've hit the plateau I have never made it off of. Every little bit helps. Take walks with your kids. It is exercise for your mind and your body, plus they will love the fresh air!
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR TIME OF NEED. THE POSTS ABOVE ARE ALL WELL SAID. YOU ARE A MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION TO US ALL. SO IF YOU KEEP PUSHIN YOURSELF IT LETS US ALL SEE THAT NOTHING CAN STAND IN OUR WAY AS WELL. YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET BETTER AND LOOK FORWARD. YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU WILL DO THIS. LEAVE IT ALL IN GODS HANDS. WASH YOUR HANDS OF ALL YOUR WORRIES AND ANXIETIES AND LET THE MAN ABOVE TAKE CARE OF IT. :} KEEP INSPIRING US ALL WITH YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. YOU ARE DOING AWESOME MY FRIEND!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR TIME OF NEED. THE POSTS ABOVE ARE ALL WELL SAID. YOU ARE A MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION TO US ALL. SO IF YOU KEEP PUSHIN YOURSELF IT LETS US ALL SEE THAT NOTHING CAN STAND IN OUR WAY AS WELL. YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET BETTER AND LOOK FORWARD. YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU WILL DO THIS. LEAVE IT ALL IN GODS HANDS. WASH YOUR HANDS OF ALL YOUR WORRIES AND ANXIETIES AND LET THE MAN ABOVE TAKE CARE OF IT. :} KEEP INSPIRING US ALL WITH YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. YOU ARE DOING AWESOME MY FRIEND!!!

Thank-you. I didn't realize that I have inspired so many people. I have decided that I am hitting the gym tonight for about an hour to hopefully get me back motivated again. I hope sweating can relieve some of my stress. Thanks again for your kind words.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    You can do this! You have done so well this far. My weight loss have never been more than 2# a week so you've hit the plateau I have never made it off of. Every little bit helps. Take walks with your kids. It is exercise for your mind and your body, plus they will love the fresh air!

I have been walking a little here and there, but I was doing the 30-day shred until life got difficult. I was on level 2 (about 6 days from level 3) until I stopped. I need to get back to it again.
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a fab lot of support from everyone here.

I hope you get the motivation you need, I am no good at the moment, as I lost mine, hence why joing MFP and hoping to be motivated too.
    xx
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hey you have to keep fighting the fight. We are in the same shoes and i know you can do it!! Just think that you will have alittle extra time to be a better you. Just don't loose focus and mess up all the hard work you have accomplished. Also i dont think hubby would like if you just gave up. Now pick yourself up and be the women who I met that keep me going when i started this weight loss journey. You were my only source of strength and and support when i just started this journey. So please take alittle bit to feel down as you should, but not for long you are on a journey and can't stop now!! Im here if you need me.