Looking for accountability!

Options
Hello guys and gals!

I'm not normally very outspoken, but after much deliberation I have decided I need to go fairly public with my efforts. My main issue with trying to lose weight is not eating enough. It's been a long and difficult struggle, and as much as I know about nutrition, weight-loss, working out, and needing to eat, I never feel up to eating. I get bored, nothing sounds good, get tired of eating, don't feel hungry, and sometimes even feel GUILTY for eating!

I eat fairly clean, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement. I enjoy working out, though usually I get bored with resistance training after awhile. That's a secondary habit to solidify after I get eating mastered. Seems elementary, but it's so important. Nothing else I do to trim down will make any difference if I'm not feeding my body! So mostly I'm here to record my foods day-to-day; I only just discovered there are message boards on here! I think looking at an accurate record of my eating day after day (and throughout the day) will help keep me accountable to myself (and anyone else who wants to boss me around- LOL!) :)

Good luck, all!

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.. It is great that you know what your issues are and are working on them! You have to eat so you can get that metabolism fired up!

You can do it and logging food is a real eye opener when you start. I know it was for me.
  • Vibette
    Vibette Posts: 9
    Options
    I've logged it on paper several times before, but inputting it on here and then seeing it recorded this way is different. I think the way this diary logs it will be much easier to make changes to my diet and make sure things are balanced.

And ty for the welcome :)
  • Coleman73
    Coleman73 Posts: 42
    Options
    seeing where your calories are coming from can be a major eye opener. Eating right isnt always easy, but after while eating unhealthy becomes more difficult. Today I tried to find a higher calorie meal , I grabbed a supreme pizza looked at the calories and said......."nope the juice aint worth the squeeze"... instead I ate a nice double healping of Chili. talk about weird. only 5 months ago I wouldnt have given the Pizza a double thought. This Site is fabulous.
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree, this website and the mobile app (on my phone) have really helped make me accountable for what I eat. That alone was a major factor for me. Amazing how making things like that public make you want to do better at controlling them...
  • Vibette
    Vibette Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

My dr actually mentioned this site (in Oct when I joined and never added anything!). So far I'm liking the way the food diary is set up. It's kind of a pain updating it every so often. I just had a healthy snack before sitting down to write a paper-- before I would've looked at the clock, realized I should eat, and skipped doing so anyway. I've got my glass of water at my desk waiting for me too!

I've always been really good at school and getting things done well for that. When I had a personal trainer, that's how I saw her instructions for the week: homework I needed to complete. So that's how I'm viewing my diary: homework I need to complete, and to the best of my ability.

I can already see a few positive changes to be made!