New Guy here

Options
I'm a 48 year old man, whose waist is to big, so is my weight. I started this journey weighing 215. My goal is to get down to 190...and STAY there.

New commitment for me:
Take the stairs, before lunch, walk around the hospital (about 20 mins)
Take an afternoon non-smoking-smoke break and walk around the parking lot (should take 5 mins)

I have to kick start my metabolism. With MFP app on my phone I can begin to see my intake has been far exceeding my output.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to figure out what you have been doing...and now to try to start doing a little better. Lots of great people with good advice..and great motivation! Good luck to you!
  • blue04711
    blue04711 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I totally got hooked on using the mobile app. It really helps keep me accountable. Good luck!
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
    MFP has helped my lose 69 pounds since September 2010. It will help you too.
    The mobile app is so convenient to use, and the website is full of supportive people.
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love the mobile app, it keeps me accountable and its so easy. Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • tobeygirl45
    Options
    Welcome!! I love MFP ..... Nice to see an accurate account of all the carbs fats sugars and sodium I really consume!!!! Keeps you focused...... Good Luck to you!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My phone doesn't work with the mobile app, but since it s a smartphone, I just log on. This has motivated me. Being able to check in multiple times a day helps keep me on track. Posting also keeps me from eating. Good luck!
  • swtlilkookie
    Options
    hello mr rlmatlock :happy: i am also new only been here for 6 days and i find this to be a fantastic way to keep track of ur daily intake and daily exercise regiments
    if u would like to talk some time just give me a shout and i am alway wanting to make new friends and share stories and good and bad days
    take care and be safe
    lorna
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has really helped me keep accountability of my food & exercise. Very supportive people here! Best of luck to you!
  • iroquois
    iroquois Posts: 2
    Options
    hang in there dude!! i joined 12 days ago and have lost 11 pounds. The app is easy to use and there is alot of support to assist you. Keep your chin up!! you can do it!!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a MFP addict...and you will be too! I suggest you gather some friends here and get a community around you to cheer you on!

Good luck!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Hey welcome !! i like your committments .. It's all about baby steps
  • ndking21
    ndking21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome...I love this site because I never knew before exactly what i was intaking. So I am amazed with how accountable you have to be once you know the truth. So keep up the good work
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, sir! I LOVE this site, and have found it extremely helpful to have everything spelled out for you!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Your age, starting weight and goal weight is pretty darn close to mine. I have lost about 10lbs so far. Add me as a friend if you like.
    Good luck.
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    FiftyandGettingBetter Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Baby steps indeed. My problem in the past has always been trying to focus on my long term goal instead of making and focusing on the short term ones.