Food Diary Question

Options
So I was looking at eating a banana with a little peanut butter before hitting the gym tonight and I noticed that there are lots of Banana medium size listed. What I'm unsure of is they have different calorie amounts. How should I pick which one would be the correct calorie amount for what I'm eating?

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I usually pick the one with the most confirmations and if I dont feel it looks right I search it on the internet to doublecheck.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If you really think about it, all bananas vary from size and you'll never get an exact number. I normally shoot for the 7-8" entry for a medium banana (which appears to be on the average of 105 calories).
  • MoonGurl1985
    Options
    I buy only organic bananas and they are easy to find in there by brand name organic or not.
  • tyienna
    tyienna Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I know I posted this in the wrong group. Guess I'm having a bad day. It was very helpful!
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    It depends on the size of the banana. The longer the more calories. Here is a website that is helpful with calories by length. http://www.caloriesinabanana.net/ The range extra small at less than 6 " is 72 calories and extra long more than 9 " is 135 calories.