Couch-to-5K - I'm on week 5

Options
Hi all,

I did Week 5 Day 1 last night and it was tough but I made it through! :) Are you doing the program? What week are you on?

Replies

• dru_howard
    Options
    What is couch-to-5k? Well, I mean I guess it's pretty obvious what it "IS" but where do you find the program?
  • genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 1 this weekend. I am a little scared but would like to be able to run a 5K for my birthday. Any tips?
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 5. I didn't quite make it the whole 20 minutes running (mapmyrun lied about the elevation of the new route I was trying. Straight uphill for 0.3 miles...). Since it's only Thursday, I'm going to run W5D3 again on Saturday and not stop. I have a 5k planned for the 22nd of May. Very excited. :)
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was on week 6 of the treadmill version but my treadmill broke yesterday so now I'm just running outside for at least 20 minutes until I can get it repaired or get a new one. Week 5 was by far the hardest for me, I had to repeat it 3 times!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 2. I love it. I have been doing it outside too.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What is couch-to-5k? Well, I mean I guess it's pretty obvious what it "IS" but where do you find the program?

http://c25k.com/ :)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

C25K can be found by googling it on you pc or if you have a smart phone such as Droid or IPhone.
    I completed C25K and now doing the B210K, keep up the great work!

As far as tips, just remember your not in a race so speed does not matter at this point. Lower your speed, right now your building your endurance, you can add speed later. Don't forget to breathe and always stretch!!!
  • SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 day 2 today. I always really disliked running, but the way this program is, I'm really enjoying it so far!
  • JCR1984
    JCR1984 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just completed week 5. I dont understand the jump from day 2 to day 3! They have you jog for 8 min at a time to jogging for 20. I stopped for 10 sec twice and 15 sec once. The people who made the program obviously know more about running but I think that is a crazy big jump in time. I was so worried about not completing it that I set my pace at 5.4. I don't know if I should repeat until I get it down or just move on to week 6? Well anyway good luck! Its awesome that your sooo close to the end of the program!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I am on W6 D3! I did it once and only made it to 20 minutes out of 25. Going to try again tonight! From now until the end there are no more interval runs...it's all just straight running! eek! but i guess that's the whole point of the program...it just feels like it has gone really fast and i'm not quite sure if i'm ready for it! week 6 has been the hardest so far with week 5 at a close second. i agree that day 3 of week 5 was an insane jump. I did it though, so good luck to you!
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm starting W5D1 on Saturday! This, after spending 2 1/2 weeks on Week 4. Week 4 was tough for me for some reason. I think my personal "wall" is the 3 min mark. After the first 3 minutes I actually do ok. I'm hoping that continues through week 5! Friend me if you would like some support....
  • thehungrycuttlefish
    Options
    I've been doing C25K on and off for some time - I am using it mostly as a launching pad. I've run in three 5Ks since starting, with these times...

1st: 1 hour 4 minutes
    2nd: 44 minutes
    3rd: 47 minutes

It is definitely helping, but you have to stick to it! I'm on Week 3 but I'm running another 5K in April so I'm hoping to progress!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Bluesman77
    Options
    Tomorrow will be the third run in week one. It has not been easy for me, but I have got through it. It is more than I have ever run in the past. I have felt really proud of myself at the end of each run. It is reassuring to see so many others on here doing the same program. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 tomorrow and i cant wait. I love this program and have already signed up for my first race.
  • binderangie
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 was my favorite!!! I did in on the treadmill and never in a million years thought I could do it when I could barely do 8 minutes. I made it through without stopping and was on a natural high for 3 days!!! Best feeling ever :)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be W5D3 for me and I'm freaked out that it's 20 straight minutes. But I'm loving it!
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 was my favorite!!! I did in on the treadmill and never in a million years thought I could do it when I could barely do 8 minutes. I made it through without stopping and was on a natural high for 3 days!!! Best feeling ever :)

You just made my day!!!! I really hope I can say the same thing after W5D3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gut2Glam
    Gut2Glam Posts: 15
    Options
    I did week 5 day 3 today too! I was proud of myself after the second 8 minute interval. Music helps so much.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use podcasts? what's your favorite one?
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    Does anyone use podcasts? what's your favorite one?

I am using the NHS Couch to 5 K podcast(s) from itunes. It is free to download. It is so much better than always looking at my watch. I love it. I just finished W4D3.