Protien Powder help!

Options
Just curious what your favorite is and Im also looking for one that mixes well and tastes good with water.

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    that is so funny, I was just thinking of posting something about this, I don't use Protein Powder right now but I wanted to find out more about it and what brands are good!
    ;)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition 100% gold standard whey in extreme chocolate milk is my favorite. I mix with water and it tastes great with out a funny texutre. Its pretty reasonable too...at one scoop a day its about $30 a month.

oh, its 130 cals per scoop at 4 g carb and 24 g protein....good for weight loss and rapid recovery before work outs (it takes 1.5 hours for the protein to be usable to muscles so drink before your work out about 2 hrs to avoid tummy aches)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    MaxMuscle Lean protein mix - they have vanilla, chocolate mousse, and strawberry cheesecake. The chocolate is good, but really rich. I get the vanilla now, and then mix in sugar free pudding and jello mixes to give it different flavors.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just got the Pure Protein "Jillian Michael's" formula at Wal-mart. All natural AND sweetened with stevia!!! No artificial crap. It tastes good too (I only mix mine in water) and mixes easily in a shaker cup. Before that I used Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just got the Pure Protein "Jillian Michael's" formula at Wal-mart. All natural AND sweetened with stevia!!! No artificial crap. It tastes good too (I only mix mine in water) and mixes easily in a shaker cup. Before that I used Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey.
  • robinp00
    robinp00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard powder. They're delicious (especially the chocolate mint) and they mix together well. They're not the leanest if you're looking for that, but they're one of the better ones.

If you're looking for a very lean powder that's guaranteed to mix well, look for any 90% or higher protein isolate (as opposed to a concentrate.) These mix very well and very rarely do they upset people's stomach. I mix mine with some maltodextrin carb powder and some BCAA powder to make a pretty solid and lean post-workout shake.

Edit: The brands I currently use.
    Iso Xp - Whey Protein - Chocolate Explosion
    Qse - Gold Medal Carbs (Maltodextrin)
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    BSN has some of the best tasting powder out there, goes great with water, all the syntha 6 and lean desert flavors are awesome, and i have tried a lot of them......
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also agree with the Gold Standard 100% Whey, except i prefer Cookies and Cream flavor. If you are blending with water, this is my favorite.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I like this option! I use Stevia regularly and don't want any artificial sweetners etc so this would be perfect! Thank you so much!

:flowerforyou:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I have tried: MetRx, EAS, Musclemilk, GNC AMP 60 and one of the Muscletech versions over the years.

My favorite, the one I'd always come back to was EAS. However...the last time I was at GNC I was really encouraged to try the GNC AMP 60. The guy let me sample some in the store, mixed with water and I was impressed. I'm on my second jug of it now and while I dont like mixing my protein in water, it tastes great in water, either Vanilla or Chocolate. Everyone has their favorite, but what I haven't seen alot of here is what other protein powders they have tried. If you've only ever tried one...you simply don't know what you don't know.

Remember, all protein powders are not created equal. You need to find one that fits your goals. If you just bought a protein powder that's best suited for packing on muscle and you're trying to lose weight, it may be keeping you from seeing the correct gains / losses.
  • the_other_kitkat
    Options
    I just bought my first ever jar of protien powder, Optimun Nutrition's Natural Chocolate whey (no artificial sweeteners). I was prepared for it to not taste super wonderful, but i mixed it in 4 ounces of cold water and a little ice and I thought it tasted really good! No funny after taste at all, just nice and chocolatey.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Awsome thanks for the input. I guess Im trying to be leaner and build muscle so I dont know what would be best. Ive never tried mixing powder with water so I guess we will see how it goes!