Back surgery blues, and a LOT of weight to lose!!

Options
:smile: Hi, my name is Kim. I am 34 years old. I'm looking to add more friends!! I would love to find some people that have lost a LOT of weight, that maybe have had back surgery!! I need you for encouragement!! Good luck all!! ~Kim

Replies

• barbmpac
    barbmpac Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I have lost a lot of weight a long time ago. I had a microdiscectomy one year ago today. I gained about 25 or so pounds in the sedentary months after surgery. I started out really big anyway. I am about 348 now. I feared reinjury and acted as fragilely as possible so as not to hurt myself again. But that isn't me. One day I was doing a 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD and found I could actually jog in place. Plus a mile was easily doable. The stronger my body becomes, the less pain I experience.

What's your story? Maybe I am not the successful inspiration you are looking for but I am willing to take the walk with you. I go to the Over 300 Club thread a lot where there are some pretty incredible people who are successful AND supportive. Check it out. We'd love to have you. Best of luck. Good decisions.

Barb
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well we are already friends on here and perhaps I can help? I too suffered a back injury along with an ankle injury and a knee injury! Am i surprisd I am this size now? no not really I was in so much pain with my back for so long that I could not, absolutley could not even walk around the grocery store :( it was a sad time for me.. I battled depression and the weight just piled on I am now at the biggest I have ever been.. but I am determined I am going to use diet and low impact excercise such as swimming to help myself, because yes it is time I helped myself.. I love to dance and will often suffer the price of a sore swollen ankle and knee but I am going to try my hardest at Zumba if i go a little slower or have a few stop ands starts so what Im still there putting in the effort and showing myself that yes I can do this! You can too! Finding low impact excercise is going to be the biggest thing for you if you have a back injuryt that just wont quit, and I know surgery does not mean you are magically pain free soo many people have that misconception but it is hard to for them to understand unless they have been there..

I have also taken to watching Ruby in the evenings and believe me watching sumone as big as I am struggling with their own demons keeps me away from the night time snacking.. And I also read :) I am finding what works for me as everyone is different! But I am here for the long haul and I am here if you need me to help motivate you or yap with you or just push you that little xtra step. Don't hesitate drop me a line :)