High Fiber/high Protein

Options
ampointe
ampointe Posts: 13
Hey everyone! I am looking for any snacks or meals with high fiber and/or high protein. I know about the greek yogurts and the granola bars, I guess I am looking for more unusal or special homemade snacks and meals that you have. Thank you so much in advance!

Replies

• saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You may know about Greek yogurt, but have you ever tried mixing Greek yogurt with hummus? I really love hummus but usually it is quite high in calories, but if you mix it into yogurt, you get the hummus flavor but a lesser volume and and all the goodness from the yogurt.
  • INKSFITNESS
    Options
    Fiber One bran cereal is a great source of fiber....14 grams in 1/2 cup..you can easily add this to regular cereal or as topping on yougurt etc. It has no High Fructose Corn Syrup.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just put Sabra spinach and artichoke hummus on a baked potato...it was sooooo good!
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for asking i was wondering the same thing. i'm trying to put more fiber in my diet w/o increasing my carbs. I eat plenty of the greek yogurt and that Fiber One idea sounds like a great idea, i'm going to buy some tonight.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I guess a jacket potato (with skin on) with a low fat cottage cheese filling would fit the bill. I also have chopped raw mushrooms with a light mayo dressing - mushrooms are surprisingly high in protein for such a low cost humble food.
  • ampointe
    ampointe Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks guys these are some great ideas! :happy:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    frozen edemame (soy beans)! I get them in pods and just sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt! YUM
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    frozen edemame (soy beans)! I get them in pods and just sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt! YUM

Okay, dumb question: Do you cook the edemame first? Eat it frozen? Let it thaw?
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber Tortillas 12g fiber, 8 g protein, 80 calories per large tortilla.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Okay, dumb question: Do you cook the edemame first? Eat it frozen? Let it thaw?

Not OP of course, but I buy the Seapoint Farms ones at Walmart in the blue package (vs green) and they are in the pods. They are ready to eat...you can eat them thawed or cooked and are already salted. OMG I love these things!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber Tortillas 12g fiber, 8 g protein, 80 calories per large tortilla.

Love these!

I also get the Fiber one yogurt...it has less sugar than most yogurts and only 50 cals.