What is the average weight loss per week? More than the 2lb

cparkes2211
cparkes2211 Posts: 16
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all

I am a newbie and really motivated by all I have read this evening.

I lost -11lbs before coming on here and am finding the MFP programme alot easier than the WW programme.

I have about 50-70lbs to lose and I want to give myself a goal date.

My tracker is set to -2lbs per week but I am BIG so I think I will lose more per week (already lost -3lbs this week and weigh in not till Monday)....

So, what is the average people are losing per week? Especially if they have 2-3 stone to lose

Would appreciate your responses.

Claire xx

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    I don't know if there is a good answer to this. I know they SAY you can lose 2 lbs per week if you really eat right and exercise very regularly - Constistancy being key ...

but I look at things like Biggest Loser - and once the water weight weeks are done (the double digit number weeks) I see it hard for a lot of the girls to lose 4 lbs a week .. - and they are working out at least 2 hours a day and have strict eating!

So again, I don't have an answer - but Huge Congrats on your loss already!!!! and dont beat yourself up hard if you don't do 2 a week cuz you're making a huge lifestyle change, and weight loss is not the only benefit you'll get from it!

Huge Kudos to you!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    I have been very faithful. I have mine set to lose 1.5 lbs per week, but have averaged 2 lbs per week. I eat well, and eat my exercise calories. I have lost 22 since the beginning of Januray, and have about 70 to go... I am going to send you a friend request. Hope you accept!
  • Hey, thanks for the reply....I am just the most impatient person I know..........silly eh as have been overweight since teens, which is over 20 years! Gosh, when I say it out loud like that!!!!!!

So its not going to take 20 years to get it back off, thats for sure....

Gosh, thats shocked me.....20 years of being overweight with a very unhealthy BMI.......

I am loving MFP already, so onwards and DOWNWARDS with the weight.

Thanks again for your reply.....xx
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    You will probably lose more at first, but if you stay in the 1 - 2 lb week goal it will much easier for you to do and stick with. Plus, I have found losing slowly helps keep the flab down.
  • Brilliant, will accept....will help to have someone to chat too.....you have a similar goal to me too...xx
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    i have been losing only about 1-1.5 lbs a week but then again i only have about 15 more to lose. I work out about 1-2 hours every day and now try to stay under 1300 calories. MFP is awesome! I just got a bodybugg and discovered that the HRM that i was using during workouts was calculating way to many calories burned so i think that is why i lost so little also. I will see how my first weigh in goes on monday (so far i am down 2 lbs this week already) yay!
  • Hey welll done you - thats great! You look amazing in your pic!

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it......

Well, as I said before, my weight didnt go on in 2 weeks so I cant expect it to come off in 2 weeks either!

There is something different about MFP.....something that is far easier than any other diet I have tried (and indeed failed)!

Keep up the good work honey xx
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    I have mine set to 1.5 a week, but usually lose 2, but.... I am exercising a TON each week. As I get closer to my goal, it does get harder to lose....
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member

There is something different about MFP.....something that is far easier than any other diet I have tried (and indeed failed)!

Totally agree!! Something about it has kept me on track! And I loooovvveee the end of the day motivation... in five weeks you will weigh... And it has been very accurate! (and I have been very faithful!)
This discussion has been closed.