10,000 Daily Steps

Options
Hi Everyone!

I've been using MFP for about a month now and it's helping me work on my eating habits and trying to add in more exercise to my daily activities. I love it - it's SO helpful! I've decided that I needed to ramp up my activities. Since I'm a classroom teacher, I've started wearing a pedometer to keep track of my daily steps. I'm starting to hit the magical 10,000 daily steps number now, but I'm not sure how to record this under my exercise tracker.

Does anyone else log their daily steps under MFP? Is there a good way to add it in?

Thanks!

Replies

• rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    I don't because a lot of it I consider just part of getting around so I wouldn't want to add too many extra calories for that. BUT, I can tell you having tracked steps before that they say 2000 steps is a mile, so 10K is about 5 miles. You'd have to estimate your speed to enter it and calculate back to time. I'd say most people are slower paced normal walking around 2 mph, so if you did 5 miles, you can calculate from there....seems like a lot of work though :) Good Luck!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have read in here on another post some time ago that there are roughly 2000 steps in a mile, I don't know if that helps at all. Maybe figure 2.0 mph for a regular pace for like 5 hours or you can change your lifestyle when you logged in and bump it up level, that seems like an awful lot of walking
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    depending on my day i do between 15000-25000 steps at work and i just have my activity level set higher
  • Freelauren
    Options
    Nicky - That's what I was starting to think too... to amp up my activity level for the MFP settings.

On a busy regular day - I can hit 7000 steps at my work. I'm a Middle School teacher and I have to constantly move around the room to make sure my darlings are staying on task and working! :) Plus, if I'm walking from my classroom to the staff lounge a few times a day - it adds up!

Also, if I'm hitting 7000 at work, then my new goal might be to top out at like, 15,000 steps at the end of the night. I can add in running or walking at night for extra exercise.
  • RobAsRx
    RobAsRx Posts: 17
    Options
    Nicky - That's what I was starting to think too... to amp up my activity level for the MFP settings.

On a busy regular day - I can hit 7000 steps at my work. I'm a Middle School teacher and I have to constantly move around the room to make sure my darlings are staying on task and working! :) Plus, if I'm walking from my classroom to the staff lounge a few times a day - it adds up!

Also, if I'm hitting 7000 at work, then my new goal might be to top out at like, 15,000 steps at the end of the night. I can add in running or walking at night for extra exercise.

Also, you could walk circles around your classroom all day and catch all those kiddies cheating! :Just a suggestion: :)