mums with young children

Options
How do you get time to excercise? I have a 3year old and 6month old at home with me all day and never seem to have time to go to the loo let alone work out. the most exercise I get is walking and the only way I can walk at a decent pace is to have my baby strapped to mg front while my 3yr old sits in the push chair. at the weekend I go for walks with my 6yr old daughter if someone has the other two and we usually end up chasing each other but that's it.

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i have an almost 4 yr old, and a 7 month old...i joined a gym with child care on site.
  • tknuzum
    tknuzum Posts: 52
    Options
    I work an office job that is good enough to give us an hour lunch. And since the kiddo is at the babysitter anyway. I hit the gym :) I have a 9 months old and its hard to do after you get home. I was told if they are old enough to like doing work outs to, to do them at home and let them play along. or after they go to bed, or get up a little early and do it before they are up. I had some one tell me if you want to you have to make time to do it!
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    I do it with my 3 year old watching mickey mouse in a nearby room..Sometimes he even joins in..I usually do mine early in the morning after my older kids go to school.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I wake up between 430 amd 5am to exercise before the kids are awake.
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    do you have a double buggy? now the weather is picking up get out for long walks with them....they'll enjoy it too and prob sleep and you get double the workout as pushing weight as well as walking :) x
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my kids are 4 and 5 and besides walking, i do most of my exercise after they go to bed at night. also some days my husband watches them while i go to the exercise room. i used to wake up an hour early to get in a nice brisk walk before they woke up and hubby went to work, but that only works well in the summer
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    When mine were that age I didn't get to exercise at all apart from walking everywhere as I didn't drive.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I work out at home I just do it is spurts I never pick a workout that is more than 30 minutes and I give it as much intensity as possible and stop when I am needed, sometimes it takes an hour or hour and half to finish but it can be done!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 11 month old. Sometimes I do some Wii Fit or other exercise while they take their naps, but usually I go to the gym after they go to bed. If my gym had childcare I'd go earlier in the day, but it doesn't. So, I go around 9, sometimes 10pm for an hour. It sucks going so late, but it's the only time I can and since it's important to me, I do it.
  • josmith95
    Options
    I have a double buggy and run/ walk the two miles to the school to drop my 5 yr old off then run home with my 2 yr old. I also walk a lot with the double or get out for half hour when they have gone to bed and hubby is home.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wake up between 430 amd 5am to exercise before the kids are awake.

Wowsers!!! When do you find the time to sleep?!! :flowerforyou:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I also joined a gym that has a creche facility so my 3 year old is well taken care of :)
  • Cbyas
    Cbyas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a two year old. I do Turbofire early in the morning at like 6:30 while she is still asleep. I used to have a gym membership but making sure I had childcare meant I went infrequently, this morning thing is much better.
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 1/2 yr old a 4 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old...i also work the same hours they are in school...my hubby is workng 2 jobs and going to school at night so finding time is VERY hard but this week i did things like ran up my stairs 10x, i did 1 min of jumpinjax/high knee jogging/jump squats/ and 10 min workouts on Exercise TV...its hard but us moms have got to make ourselves a priority sometimes and realize we are worth the time and effort!!!! early morning worked for me for years but with 3 kids its so dang hard to wake up early (i woke once this week at 530 to go running) :tongue:
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and I do Jillian Micheals 30 day shred (20 minutes) at 5:30 am before my daughter wakes up and sometimes after she goes to bed. I like to take walks too!
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i have an almost 5 year old and almost 2 year old....they go to bed early and i work out right after that...or worst case scenario - i pop a movie on the computer and set them up to watch it while i work out at home...they go back and forth between watching the movie and exercising with me....
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to an 8m old. I work out all during the day. Usually while he is napping and playing in his "play yard". I have an elliptical, treadmill, spin bike and lots of dvds so I just pick something and do as much as I can while he lets me. Good luck!!