slim fast diet

Options
hi all
just joined and have been on slim fast for a week, lost 7 lbs... probably just water weight but... found this site just by trying to find a food calorie calculator. thought this site was interesting to join and have some company in my journey to lose all this i gained by turning 40 and trying to get healthy by quitting smoking. which tomorrow is my 2nd year of not smoking. :-) yea... I also have gained due to not working, bad back, failed surgery on back, broke my ankle , and got bit by a dog, been some 2 years,

thanks for listening
lori

Replies

• nurse2004
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    my sister in law and i tried that but all it did was make us gain weight and run to the bathroom am than i started weight watchers and lose bunchs of weight
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have found this to be an awesome site! Not perfect but GREAT! It's so helpful to keep track of food, amounts and calories and all the posts are fun and helpful. Good Luck Lori! And CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking. If you've accomplished that, the rest is just gravy!! :wink:
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome it should be all up hill from here what is left getting hit by a truck.......don't get any ideas. But really welcome everyone here is here to help and we are all in the same boat.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Great site and tons of listings in the calorie counter.

I would recommend a better protein drink over the slim fast, calories with little substance. Lots of better protein drinks available, powder and pre-mixed. I like Premier available at costco others are Pure Protein and Jay Robb those you can get just about anywhere and places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.

Remember protein is what keeps you fuller longer, slim fast is only a couple of grams and Premier is 30grams per serving = 11oz at 160 calories.

Good Luck, you can do it!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel Lori. I quit smoking about a year and a half ago and I have gained 50lbs. There are some days that I wonder if it was worth it because I was over-weight to begin with. I just joined MFP a few days ago myself and I have a lot of weight to lose. You can add me if you'd like a friend who is encouraging and supportive.
  • DennAnne
    DennAnne Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome Lori, I myself have just started on the Kate Morgan Weight Management Program and I am using this site to help me log my progress. Congrats on quitting the old cancer stick, that too is a future goal for me. Good luck to you and great success.
    Dennise:happy:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome! U'll love it here :smile:
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I quit smoking one year ago and gained 15 pounds. So I am here to get that off and much much more. Good Luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It seems you have my luck, lol!

I tried the slimfast diet when I started trying to loose weight. I did drop significant amounts, but at the cost of lowered energy levels and... umm... uncomfortable movements.

For someone with a less active lifestyle, I think a partial liquid diet would be ok (it doesn't have to be slimfast, any protein drink would have a similar effect). It just wasn't for me.

Good luck, and welcome to MFP!
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 6 weeks ago don't know if i gained any weight from that or not, but have gained for other reason's so i'm here to lose it and get healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like,