Cymbalta and Weightloss

Options
hop3
hop3 Posts: 61 Member
I am currently on Cymbalta and I am never and I do mean NEVER hungry. When I try and eat I get upset to my stomach. Drinking isn't so bad but I still feel nauseous. I am fairly new with this drug and wanted to know if any of you are on it and if these side effects are normal.

Replies

• cmisty2001
    Options
    nauseous is very common the first few weeks with Cymbalta. I've not been out it for about a year and don't remember any other side effects other than the nauseousness. A co-worker was also on it and that was what she talked about.

If you aren't regular about taking the med, then nauseous will be an ongoing problem.
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think you should discuss this with your doctor. Anti-depressants can cause a lot of side effects so it is important to make sure your doctor is aware.
  • tjmuehe
    tjmuehe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was on it for while, you might need a lower mg talk to your Dr and if so you can always chang meds. Stay with it and try to eat, the last thing you want is for your body to go into starvation mode and then you wont lose any lbs... Give the meds some time to get in your system. Good Luck!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I got super naseaous the first couple weeks and could barely eat. That went away, though by the end of the first month. I wish it would have stayed somewhat (maybe to a lesser degree though), because it was a great appetite suppressant and the Lyrica I take with it has the opposite effect! Haha!
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am going to talk with my doc about a lower dose.