PMS craving cured!!!

Options
PMS cravings cured!! At least for the past 3 hours. But for me that is huge! So I thought I would share what worked: Chocolate protein powder, 1 TB peanut butter, and 1 cup lowfat milk (and Ice). Tasted just like a chocolate shake and filled me up. I haven't been obsessing about sugar for the past few hours, and that is a major breakthrough for this time of the month. Good luck all!

Replies

• Lullaby_Melodia
    Lullaby_Melodia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you know but women should eat an extra 300 calories a day during that time, so why not treat yourself to the chocolate bar as a reward for doing so great... :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you know but women should eat an extra 300 calories a day during that time, so why not treat yourself to the chocolate bar as a reward for doing so great... :)

The whole eat more calories during that time of the month is a myth and personally MY OPINION - it is an excuse just to eat more and justify eating junk.

We don't need chocolate bars, it is only going to make things worse. And we should not be rewarding ourselves with food, junk food at that.

Now, if the original poster does want to have a bit of chocolate.................Go purchase a QUALITY organic 70% cacao chocolate bar and have 1 square per day. There is a lot of antioxidants in Cacao.

American chocolate is crap and unhealthy
  • emmy200
    emmy200 Posts: 4
    Options
    So I'm new to this and want to try your cure. How many calories and what kind of protein powder, reg peanut butter? I appreciate you sharing. Some times you just need alittle something something!! Thanks
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    From what I have read you should try to stay away from sweets and salty foods, or at least limit the amount when on your cycle. Try to get more fruits and raw veggies and drink lots of water (an extra 24oz to the recommended daily intake). I suffer from bad pre-period symptoms like major bloating/cramping and cravings. Staying away from those salty sugary foods really seems help. Also drinking green tea instead of caffeinated drinks helps to reduce bloating. Maybe instead of a chocolate bar try Kashi bars they have some delicious varieties and they satisfy the cravings as well as curve hunger. :-) Good Luck, I know being menstrual and sticking to a diet plan can be tough! :smile:
  • Lullaby_Melodia
    Lullaby_Melodia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A few days before and during the time you are menstruating, you do burn more calories due to the additional cellular activity taking place internally. Some female metabolisms may increase up to 15% during this time due to hormonal changes and loss of blood. The increase in metabolism can lead to an increase in appetite in order to compensate for the greater calorie burn (in the same manner that as exercise can lead to an increase in hunger), which is why some women tend to eat more or crave different foods during this time of the month. Cravings can also be caused by the hormonal changes that affect taste or thought processes. Additionally, certain foods can help sooth difficult times, thus leading to different or unusual food choices.