Losing Inches

Options
I've been on a steady workout plan for a few months now and haven't necessarily been losing pounds, but I've lost several inches off most areas of my body. I see definition in my arms and legs. However, the middle is the problem area. I think it's actually getting bigger and I'm a little puzzled. I've cut out most sugar and white breads/pasta. I'm trying to eat raw as much as I can, but it seems to be working for everything but the belly.

I've been thinking about adding Zumba back into my daily workouts. I already run and get plenty of cardio, but I think I'm at a point where a change would do me some good. I know Zumba can do miracles for the mid section, so does that seem like a good idea? I do the hour long DVDs on the weekends so I can still get in my cardio, but I think maybe adding the 25 minute workouts in the morning might help me with the problem area.

Has Zumba helped anyone else lose inches in the belly when nothing else worked?

Replies

• sweetmickey96
    Options
    i love my zumba :)
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used to do Zumba on campus last semester and last year and it was wonderful! I was using MFP as well so that definitely helped, but I found that Zumba did more for fat loss in my tummy than running... After a few months of doing Zumba twice a week, my mid section had really toned down. I have always had difficulties with my stomach (when I was little people used to tell me I looked like a pregnant 5-year old!). But Zumba got rid of a lot!