Insanity workout

Options
im starting Insanity monday, A massive workout video i have completed before. this time i want to start it but use myfitnesspal this time. only problem is, "Insanity" doesnt show up at all in the exercise search. what should i do? or should i use some other calorie counter? i would like to use myfitness pal. this is my first time on myfitnesspal.

thanks for the help :)

Replies

• bsgrl1975
    Options
    i like mfp :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The best way is to get an HRM to keep track of your workouts
  • BringItBack2U
    Options
    I'm not sure of the booklet, if it says how many calories you burn during insanity, on p90x, it says those exercises are 600-800 calories burned. You could always use a calorie counter on a heart rate monitor, & see how much you burn during the workout. P90X isnt on myfitnesspal.com either, they should include workout videos too!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 of insanity right now and have been adding workouts to the database. I don't have a HRM so I've just googled each workout to see what others have burned. I've found that on average it works out to like 100 cal burned per 10 minutes of working out. It may be more, but I prefer to "lowball" it.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm not sure of the booklet, if it says how many calories you burn during insanity, on p90x, it says those exercises are 600-800 calories burned. You could always use a calorie counter on a heart rate monitor, & see how much you burn during the workout. P90X isnt on myfitnesspal.com either, they should include workout videos too!

i agree.. i used p90x and starting 10 minutes trainer on monday and have no idea how to calculate the calories burned!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Use your heart rate monitor.

Go to Exercise tab, then enter Insanity Pure Cardio (or whatever name), a message will pop up that says it's not in the database, towards the bottom of the screen click on: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database. Then add in the name, time, and calories burned.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just used Aerobics, High Impact. Since that is basically what it is....
  • TMB07
    TMB07 Posts: 3
    Options
    First of all what all does it include. You might want to log in all of the things you do. if it has crunches log in crunches, leg lift, so on so on. I would do that if you like it that much. thats what I would do. I hope this helps.
  • Marieeve1976
    Options
    I've just started Insanity and have also added some info to the database. Based on my HRM, my height (5 feet), my weight (125
    lbs) and my age, I burn about 375 cals per workout.
  • slha799
    slha799 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity now for almost 3 weeks and have been recording my workout progress here on MFP. You are welcome to look at my exercise diary and see how many calories I burned doing each workout and that might give you a good idea of how many calories you are burning. I bought a $20 watch/heart monitor and thats how I've been keeping track.
  • christinaberlyn
    christinaberlyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity is more like circuit training, which is in the database. I think the calorie count is more accurate too for the circuit training if your not using a HRM. :happy: