breakfast calories

Options
How many calories do you guys normally take in for breakfast? Just trying to see If I am in a normal range, or over doing it!

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you guys normally take in for breakfast? Just trying to see If I am in a normal range, or over doing it!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I usually have between 300-400 for breakfast. :flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am roughly 300-400 or so. I try to get most of them done during the morning and at lunch time and a few snacks and try not to each so much at dinner time. Hope this helps.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I usually have between 200-300 but 2 hours later I have an apple or pear. I had cereal this morning which doesn't usually stick with me and I had a pear about 45 min. ago and I thought it was almost time for lunch because I'm hungry and looked at the clock and it wasn't even 10 a.m. yet. Uggh! I want lunch now! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    around 300 - 350.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    usually 300-400 for me!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    200-300 but i read a study once that if you eat 600 for breakfast instead of 300 it helps with afternoon cravings. i tried it and it did work, but i just cant eat that much at one time. i thought i was going to explode with oatmeal!! :tongue:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Generally, the idea is this:

Breakfast 300-400 cals

snack 100-150 cals

Lunch 400-450 cals

snack 100-150 cals

dinner 300-400 cals.

Your biggest meal, according to studies, should be lunch. Break fast is to literally break the fast from the night of sleeping. It gets you metabolism up and running. Lunch can be heavier because you are up and going and moving. Dinner should be alittle smaller, mainly to prevent indegestion and sleep interruptions.

:flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 350 - 450 for breakfast. If I'm on the higher end, I'll eat a lighter lunch.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I usually have between 200-300 but 2 hours later I have an apple or pear. I had cereal this morning which doesn't usually stick with me and I had a pear about 45 min. ago and I thought it was almost time for lunch because I'm hungry and looked at the clock and it wasn't even 10 a.m. yet. Uggh! I want lunch now! :sad: :sad: :sad:

You might want to reconfigure your breakfast to include protein. Maybe some string cheese, peanut butter or an egg. It might hold you longer.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    200-300
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I take two breakfasts approx 200-250 calories each. :blushing: I love breakfast. I eat the first one when I get to work at approx 7:30 am and the second around 10am. Then lunch at 12 and a snack or two in the afternoon. That way I am not chewing my arm off on the way home and often I hit the gym before dinner.
  • ninabonina
    Options
    Depending on what i eat, i'm usually between 150-250 but i make sure i eat a mid morning snack, so i'm all good:flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my coffee with some delicious flavored coffee mate (gulp), so i figure in extra for that 350-400 total, and then an egg and toast, or cereal with milk, or whatever I feel like...