need advice :/

Options
im so frustrated, i have been so obsessed with my calorie count and not able to eat half as much as i used to that i am unable to even get to my calorie count of 1390 per day im under 1000 and not sure whatelse to do... I am constantly being told by my fiance im not eating enough and need to eat more, but i cant ..... any advice ?

Replies

• MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    If you don't think you could eat more, try drinking more. Get protein powder and mix it with milk. I love the strawberry :) Hope I helped.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    it really isnt that you have to eat so much. but whatyou eat in what quantities.. as in ration of protien to carb to sugar and fats. etc.. also if you excersize you should be having more protien.. inbox me if you want to talk more about this.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I go for fruit, fresh or frozen, and also I'll have a bowl of cereal to help push me to at least the 1200 calorie mark!
  • melissahann2010
    Options
    thanks for your advice ! i already drink my 8+ galsses of water daily !
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein, Protein, Protein. Powder is good, can add to cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc..... Protein drinks also great, Premier and Pure are the top rated. Jay Robb is a highly rated powder!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't that you aren't eating enough - that's simply the effect or outcome of the cause. The 'cause' of your problem is your attitude towards counting calories. This is an issue of mind over matter, and right now your thoughts are working against you. Only you have power over your own thoughts. You alone created this and you alone have the power to change it.

My advice is, stop giving into your fears of 'what if' and start treating your body like the temple it really is. Give it the respect it deserves instead of holding it hostage. Let go!!!

By the way, there's no such thing as 'can't'. What you're really saying is, "I don't WANT to.' There's a big difference in meaning between these two simple words.
  • Michelle_isthebestest
    Options
    The protein powder idea is great! Have you tried eating little portions all through out the day? Eat about every 2 to 3 hours. You may not feel hungry, which is good, but you should still eat. "Grazing" as I like to call it will help you maintain a satisfied feeling all day.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    Protein, Protein, Protein. Powder is good, can add to cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc..... Protein drinks also great, Premier and Pure are the top rated. Jay Robb is a highly rated powder!

Jay Robb is the BEST i have one EVERY day!!
  • meganmorrison25
    Options
    Fruits are higher in calories but sooo good for you! Personally, I like raisins... a box is over 100 calories! In fact, that was my "oops I'm still under my goal, I need to eat more" snack tonight.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Days Im shy on calories I try to add in a few "calorific" items like avacado in my salad, a handful of nuts, or some natural peanut butter on a few whole wheat crackers.
    I agree with another post though, it is mind over matter, it isn't that you "can't" but that you don't want to. Respect your body and treat it with respect as well and it will carry you for a long time!
  • posse121
    posse121 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with adding in more fruits. You may also try keeping something that you really enjoy around and have it in small portions. That way when you are under your calorie goal you can treat yourself to it :)
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The key is planning your meals and ensuring you are planning balanced meals. It's not appropriate for anyone of adult age to eat 1000 calories a day. It's actually probably doing harm to your body by not eating enough calories. Over time, this can lead to muscle atrophy and other physiological process that are detrimental to your body. If you plan out your meals and start with a robust breakfast, you should have no problem hitting your caloric goal. You've got TONS of support here at MFP..,good luck!