What types of exercise...

Options
are good for trimming down the legs, thighs and butt?!

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a bit on your body type. I find running does, but pear shaped people find it can make their hips wider. Squats are very good for thigh and bottom toning.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hill walking:smile:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I read an article the other day that said to stick your butt out on elliptical, stair machine, and incline on treadmill and it will tone your upper legs and butt area well. I tried it and definitely feel a burn there while doing it.
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I read that spinning does a great job of slimming down hips and thighs. Also, circuit training helps. I'm doing Jillian Michael's workout DVDs and I've lost some inches in my hips and thighs.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am very pear shaped! While you can't really spot reduce fat, I do think that some of my weight training exercises help smooth things out. I LOVE lunges in my lifting routine, lots of them. I do 4 sets of 15 on each leg, I feel like those lean them out. I also do weighted barbell squats, sumo squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, and as for cardio I like to do HIIT cardio for 25 minutes after my workout. I seem to be losing inches pretty easily doing this. Good luck!!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    squats and stairs work for me!! good luck :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Every so often we do a lunge routine in my aerobics class, which is 100 lunges on each leg, interspersed with squats and jumps. You really feel it the next day, but it does amazing things for my legs.