70 Calories Left

Options
It seems like I always have between 50-70 calories left at the end of the day. Should I try to eat them? What can you eat for that low of calories? Thanks :)

Replies

• aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg will give you some protien and help stave off hunger. Though if you've gotten plenty of nutrition in your day and aren't hungry, it's not necessary to eat those cals.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't eat them unless i was hungry. a cutie clementine is about 40 calories. low-fat mozzarella cheese sticks are about 60 calories.
  • DanieGirl74
    DanieGirl74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually don't worry within 5-20 calories, because I know sometimes my portion sizes are off, but from what I've read here, you should really try to eat your minimum calories. a low-fat stick cheese is about 70 calories, or a handful of almonds. Some strawberries or grapes are good too. If I'm having a chocolate craving, I'll have 3-4 almonds with 3-4 semi-sweet chocolate chips, just a nice little snack.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have all sorts of snacks that are around that calorie count that I eat: yogurt, rice pudding, a peice of fruit , some rice crackers, a glass of almond milk, 1/2 cup of cereal, some veggies, the possibilities really are endless.

If you don't want to eat them though I wouldn't.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them unless I was hungry either, but would go for "just enough" almonds to get you there if you really wanted to.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just had a 1/4 cup of greek yogurt with half a tablespoon on honey and some cinnamon = 70 calories.
    But I agree, don't worry about a few extra calories.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I usually aim for 200-300 left each day. I wouldn't worry about 70.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    2 laughing cow Swiss wedges or one and some celery or half a medium cucumber.... but i agree don't eat unless you're hungry.
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I seem to lose weight when I leave them. I tend to have 100-200 calories left at the end of the day and if I try to finish them off, I don't lose weight as easily. I also excercise to gain more. That's just me, though!
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree - if you're still hungry and you have calories left, definitly eat them - but if you're not, you're just fine!!!

If I have cals left and am hungry in the evening, I'll usually have some yogurt, a peice of fruit (gala apples are about 80 cals and I love them!) or some veggies...I'm usually not hungry in the evenings though if I've eaten well all day? :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I usually try to leave a few calories each day but not always. However, 4 cups of 94% Act 2 microwave popcorn only has 60 calories, if you just need something crunchy. However, it's not all that filling. You can also spray a few spritz of 0 calorie Parkay butter spray on it for a more buttery taste. YUM!
  • Maryv573
    Maryv573 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello Kind of new here! Just was checking things out! My opininion for what it's worth....I agree with eveyone if you're hungry eat if not skip it! :) Good luck!
  • Jalachri
    Jalachri Posts: 47
    Options
    Ok but when I dont eat all my calories it tells me when I logout for the day that my weight loss wont be as much in 5 weeks if I dont eat them all? Im a little lost I think on what I should do!