INSANITY

Options
Well tomorrow i start insanity the 60 day work out video, i am very scared but i know i can do it :) I was just wondering if anyone has done it and had any tips for me..like whens the best time to do it and what not. I also do not have a HRM yet (trying to pay off some bills first) so is anyone 5'2 and roughly 130 lbs.,if so how many calories did you burn :) thankss

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i finished about two weeks ago! I can just say eat well, get enough sleep and drink allot of water! Probably things you already knew!! I didn't loose the weight I would of liked but I did loose inches!! I also found it helpful to drink the recovery drink while working out! good luck, stay focused this program takes allot of self comittment!!
  • summer_anne
    Options
    DIT IT LAST YEAR AND LOVED IT! I still incorporate the workouts into my routine from time to time... be prepared to be sore the entire time LOL but it's a good sore and so worth it =D
  • scjohnson420
    scjohnson420 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week now. Be prepared to be sore for the entire first week, it's tough and you will sweat your butt off but after your done it's a relief i haven't bough a hrm yet either im in the process so i can caculate my calories. I've lost inches so far but not weight which is ok. i still have another month or so to go. and it's fun! lots of jumping but i love it!
  • jfwardell
    Options
    You'll do great!!! I recommend to my friends to at least try the warm ups for a week or two, every other day, mixed in with elliptical workouts on other days you're not doing Insanity.

If you go full bore, just know you'll be sore for up to two weeks or so. After that, it all gets better!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You are going to love insanity. I have done two rounds of insanity (four month), and had great results. I did purchase a HRM so I would know about how many calories I burned, but did not use it every day. If you eat the calories that they suggest you eat on team beachbody you will not need the HRM, beacuse team beachbody caluate everything for you and set you on the right track. I only use it to see what I burned, but followed their program for how many calories to eat. I started out at 5'8 weighting in at 242 pounds. After one year I lost 58 pounds now weighting at 185 pounds. I am currently doing the Cha-lean Extreme program to gain muscle defintion. if you have any other question I would glad to answer. Good luck and keep pushing play. It will be hard but you can do it with determination.
  • muskovitzj
    Options
    I'm 8 days from completing my second round of Insanity. Overall, I've lost 27 lbs, gone from a 36-32 jean to a 33-32, and my legs and arms are much more toned.

Looking forward to Asylum when it drops soon.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do great. I'm in my second round of Insanity. I love the workouts so much. I'm in week 2 of my second round so feel free to add me as a friend and we can help push each other.

Good luck!
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just finished month 1 and never had those "sore" days...I was stiff afterwards but I did it at night and by the time i woke up the next day I was fine...

I like to think of it as 2 workouts - the warm up and the real workout (with the stretch in the middle)...that helps me get through it better because it seems shorter...

good luck!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Going to dive into Day 4 tonight. It's been tough, but I already feel stronger than I did the first day.

Keep in mind -- like the trainer keeps repeating -- maintain form over speed. Even some of the folks in the video poop out for a bit and have to rest. Hmmm... Maybe it's all show to make me feel better, since I can't keep up the whole time. Either way, I feel GREAT when I'm done and I'm not giving up!

Remember your protein shake or recovery drink when done to help your muscles recover.

Feel free to add me too, to keep tabs on progress. Cheers!
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    Options
    You will do great! I just finished my 1st round and will be starting my 2nd next week. I lost 7.9 lbs but I lost a total if 13 inches, Remember to drink your water and eat your food. Just jump right in there and do your best! The Results & Recovery drink is a must & Shakeology. I would highly recommend a HRM too. If you have any questions please friend me and I would love to help! Diane