How do I enter Zumba?

Options
Oh yeah baby, I tried zumba tonight at my gym.Wasn't for sure if I would like it.
I loved it!!!!!! Now I am trying to put it in MFP. Can anyone tell me how to enter it?
I would be so greatful for some help!\

How many burn calories would I put in and under what?
I done it for an hour.

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I log it under dance modern twist... or whatever it says.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Aerobics... but really the best way is using a HRM
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    unfortunately theres no zumba entry. i average 10 calories a minute working out hard, and im 152 so it varies smaller or larger you are of course. i manually enter it. you can also use aerobics but i personally work out too hard doing it, and yes i tried it 3 weeks ago and im still hooked, which is rare for me, haha, but the most accurate i would say is get a heart monitor. they say on their website 500-1000 calories an hour so i do the low side.
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I load it under aerobics
  • wekay
    wekay Posts: 3
    Options
    I had the same issue with Zumba. I put it in as Dance but I feel like I burned a lot more calories than it gave me credit for.
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    I add it under dancing, aerobic, ballet modern twist, hope this helps!!!!
  • srast
    srast Posts: 17
    Options
    I love Zumba, too! I enter it as a new exercise. I'm no professional but I do a lot of Zumba and what I hear is that depending on your weight and effort in class you can burn anywhere between 500 - 900 calories in an hour. I always try to underestimate just in case. I think I put 500 or 600 = 1 hour.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i put it under dance ,modern, ballet thingy ...it may underestimate my calories but untill i get my hrm i prefer to underestimate then over estimate. was talking to my zumba instructor and she agrees that its all to with your weight and how hard you work in the lesson.
  • xFrancescax
    Options
    I log it under aerobic/dance. Loving the Zumba workouts!