What Heart Rate Monitor do you use?

Options
amo13
amo13 Posts: 87 Member
I've read a lot of posts about people using heart rate monitors, but I don't even know where to begin......I'd love to hear what others out there use or would recommend using?

Replies

• Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Can't help, but I am curious too... What do you want it for? Do you want it to track calorie burn? Distances for running/walking?
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Polar F7, i did a lot of research and this one got good reviews for the price. it was about 80 dollar on amazon :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin. I'm sure there is a model, but I don't know which one it is. It might say FR60 on the back. Not sure. Really)difficult to read. But, It seems to work well for me...so far. :) Good Luck!
  • hockeyfamily737
    Options
    Me too!!!.....I'm thinking of getting the Polar one with the bluetooth that will integrate with the Cardio Trainer application on my phone. Anyone ever use that particular monitor?
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I had the pricey Polar FT60.... thinking it does a lot more than I will ever need, I returned it and am now looking for something a lil more practical for my needs....
  • boku70
    boku70 Posts: 80
    Options
    Polar FT60. It uses a bunch of data (age, weight, body-fat-% if you know it), in combination with your measured HR to evaluate and help you plan workouts, and then gives you per-workout and weekly feedback.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar 6. I love it!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!.....I'm thinking of getting the Polar one with the bluetooth that will integrate with the Cardio Trainer application on my phone. Anyone ever use that particular monitor?

Not used it but thought about getting it myself, until I found out it does not work with any watch or treadmill--strictly Bluetooth. My phone battery is too unreliable for that.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I love it! It tells me how many calories I have burned, in addition to what my heart rate is, and if I am in my "zone". It also sync's with the gym equipment, so I can keep an eye on it without glancing at my wrist.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. Love it, and worth every penny I spent on it.
  • mereynolds
    mereynolds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 as well and love it. It really pushes me and I hate working out without it now.
  • evanness
    evanness Posts: 25
    Options
    I use a Sportline Heart Rate Monitor (around $30 at Walmart). It's very basic and cheap but you just put in your age, gender, height, and weight and then take your heart rate while you're working out and it tracks your calories. It can get kind of frustrating having to take your heart through the whole workout but it gets the job done!
  • amo13
    Options
    Can't help, but I am curious too... What do you want it for? Do you want it to track calorie burn? Distances for running/walking?

I was thinking for tracking/calculating calories burned, BMI, etc. But I don't really know all of what they can really do...or what I can do with them....
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Timex Personal Trainer HRM and so far, I really like it! It has a chest strap which I am thinking is the best way to have a HRM. It's the simplier of the Timex HRMs...keeping track of calories burned is really the only thing I was worried about :)
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok one marked down on clearance for $35 from $80.
    Does everything i need it to do and i love it!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I bought a polar F4 a few weeks ago (chest strap included) & I love it!! First I bought a $50 hrm from walgreens... But it calculated my calories burned horribly, so I returned it & got the polar F4 (most ppl on this site recommend a polar, so I went w/that name brand)... It was about $80-$85...
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    BUMP
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • amo13
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Thank you!
  • amo13
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone's feedback!! THANKS SO MUCH!!