Nightshift work added lbs!

Options
Hello, I'm just getting started with mfb and have lost 5lbs so far. I have worked the nightshift for over 9yrs and put on about 30lbs since I started the nightshift (I'm a sleep technologist -can't change shifts)-yikes! Not getting sleep is horrible for your body. I have always had a hard time losing weight but since I started mfb on my new smart phone it has been like a fun game! Lovin it!

6106966.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    yes! Welcome to the club!:glasses:
  • jgover
    jgover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift tech too...in the lab! Good luck with your weight loss...
  • ftt_nyeh
    ftt_nyeh Posts: 17
    Options
    Kind of ironic that you're a sleep tech, and a re fully awayre of the bad things your shift does to you...
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Great to have you here!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I work nights too, so I know where you're coming from! mfp definitely helps out a lot!

Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi TammyK, welcome to MFP and hope you continue to get the support. Been a night nurse for many years and it was bad for my weight too... too much eating while trying to stay awake the next day to do house work and such. Good luck and you can add me to your friends if you like.
  • TammyK1000
    TammyK1000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. Even after a week I feel so much better.
  • TammyK1000
    TammyK1000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just noticed in my first post that I put mfb -I keep calling it myfitnessbuddy. Probably because it has been my buddy this week -hahaha! Anyhow, Lovin MFP!!!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    LOL love the irony.....

I'm a night shift worker too and the weight just creeps up on you.One day you wake up and realise yuo are 25 kilos overweight. LOL

welcome.