How do I shrink my skin to match my weight loss

Options
Lately I've noticed that my skin is looser since I've been losing weight. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to encourage my skin to tighten up to match my weight loss faster? I've been trying cocoa butter, but that doesn't really seem to be helping.

Replies

• Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • b_alanna
    b_alanna Posts: 15
    Options
    Its just going to happen. It will tighten up on its own or you would have to get surgery to correct it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    I second that. You just have to be patient. It probably will tighten up over time, but probably slower than your weight loss.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, but if you are jot already, Start doing some weight training / toning exercises.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    anybody got a magic wand?

i need one of them. i have sooooo much tummy skin and i just know it's not going to get better no matter how much weight i lose, 2 caesareans and 20kg just don't make for a bounce back type of tummy.

i'm hoping to win lotto so i can get some surgery to correct it (and my boobs) once i get to my goals.
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I used to take vitamin A with is suppose to help with skin elasticity but you have to be careful not to have too much vitamin A because it can make you sick so seek a consult with your local pharmacy or doctor.

I have heard also that celebrities get those waist, rubber, bands that velcro and you wear it around your stomach and it is suppose to help. You can purchase them at wal-mart in the fitness and exerice isle.

I think time is what will mainly help because sometimes we lose weight faster than our skin shrinks!
    Good luck!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, but if you are jot already, Start doing some weight training / toning exercises.
    *not already that is
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little more than you but I have lost it really slowly with alot of exercise, walking and Aquafit and just lately Zumba. So far my skin has shrunk with the rest of me. I think that exercise takes a while but really helps.
  • aangrisani
    Options
    I second that. You just have to be patient. It probably will tighten up over time, but probably slower than your weight loss.

You have lost a lot of weight, what is your experience? If you don't mind me asking
    I am afaird that as I lose weight, my stomach skin will sag. My workout consists of cardio and abs daily and circuit training every other day. I also take a body pump class weekly. Will this help me tone my skin?
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Try adding more toning exercises and light weightlifting to your work out. Also i hear cold showers are good for tightening and shrinking the skin :bigsmile: lol. good luck!

-Max
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into that as well and what I have heard, is before you do any surgery, when you get to your goal weight or close, give it about 1 year to let your skin get back to "normal". I use lotions... Let me tell you the brands.... One is called Vaseline firming, one is called Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original, and for my elbows, knees and feet and sometimes hands in the winter I use Carmex and or Heel Rescue Superior Foot Cream. They are both great for knees, elbows, feet and hands. The other lotions I use for all over after a shower. Moisture is MAJOR inside and out. Drink as much water as you can stand but don't make yourself sick on it... Don't go over like 8 or 10 glasses a day. Moisturize every time you take a bath or shower. It's helping me.
  • amberwootan
    Options
    I've been seeing a trainer and doing weight training as well as cardio. I know it will probably happen over time, but I know myself and as I get closer to my goal if I'm not looking the way I want, I may just go back to my old ways. I feel like I can't show off how far I've come until it shrinks up. Thanks to everyone for the ideas. :)
  • amberwootan
    Options
    I know I shouldn't worry about that stuff and just be happy with my progress, I just want to do everything I can.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I've had concerns about looking like Adam Sandler in the Click movie and know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna find cosmetic surgeon to make me a kangaroo pouch for concealed carry
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Boxing! I have to tell you I have been boxing with my Kinect XBOX and I noticed that at church I was clapping to the music and my arms weren't flabbing like they used too!!! Try to do some boxing of some sort!!!
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Just a foot note on that... I HATE wearing sleeveless shirts because my arms were always SO big. Even when I wasn't over weight.... I hated my arms... but this boxing thing really seems to be the ticket for me.... hope it helps.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps a lot. That said, try not to worry about it. I have lots of sag and bag. Only my hubby sees me nekkid and he loves me whatever I look like, I look great in clothes, and if domeone stares at the extra skin when I am in a bathing suit, well they stared when I was fat, they would stare if I had Angelina Jolie's body. Screw 'em, let them stare. I'm alive, healthy, and happy.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    In addition to exercise, it’s important to lose the weight gradually. So make sure you are not losing more than 2 pounds a week. I have also read several success stories with people who have lost 100 pounds or more and many used the strategy of self-imposed plateaus (going to maintenance calories for a few weeks, every 3 months). This gives your skin some breaks from the constant weight reduction and a chance to catch up.
  • laurenms88
    laurenms88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing! What happens to stretch marks when you loose weight? Do they go away, fade, or stay around even without the weight? Will the lotions and exercises help with them too?
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not only does my hands wave, but so does my arms! I'm just living with it, I know over time it's will tighten but for right now I'm focusing on reaching goal and getting healthy. I'd take loose arm skin over 300 pounds any day! :blushing: